It's hard to believe that I'm heading into my 7th week of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. But, here we are on a Sunday again...and it's my 7th update. Wow. Just....wow. I have 45 more weeks of updates but it seems like I've been working on this for so long already...
Anyway, I digress...
Current WIPs (things taking up my needles...not that I probably don't have a spare somewhere)
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks: (started December 6, 2012) There's nothing new to show for these until I get around to the heel flap or gusset. For those of you that don't read my blog regularly, I'm thinking of doing a different stitch pattern for the heel flap (I'm open to suggestions for something other than a S1, K1 (RS) and P (WS) heel flap) and either a single gusset heel or a double gusset heel.
2. Little Man's Giraffe: (started May 11, 2011) I know where it is, the yarn is nearby...I should just pull it out and work on it.......except now I have to find the pattern book. ::sigh:: If it's not one thing, it's another.
3. Icarus Shawl: (started March 15, 2010) I know where the project and the pattern are....so why haven't I pulled this out?
4. Lothlorien Hat: (started January 25, 2012) I'm still plugging away on this but I haven't worked much on it recently. I should finish that soon.
5. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: (started January 23, 2012) This is where most of my focus has been the last few days. I'm still only on the first sock but I'm on to the leg portion instead of the Honey Badger Cuff pattern...it's lovely and goes quickly. Hopefully I'll have a good photograph of a heel flap in progress soon. Or not. We'll see.
6. Snail: (started February 18, 2012) I started this hat out yesterday and I've already made some modifications to the pattern (specifically in that I did a ribbed brim and started off in the round instead of how the pattern starts out)
Planned Hats (I really should get going on some of these...)
2. Hermione Hearts Ron
4. Ogre Babies!
5. NIN Hat
6. Pup Tent
7. Godric's Hollow Hat
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
9. Raglan Hat
10. Bergen Street Tuque
12. London Beanie
14. Simple Baby Cap #1
15. Candy Cane
16. Little Pumpkin Hat
Other Planned Projects (the kind that aren't hats)
1. Hermione's Everyday Socks
2. Freeport Vest
4. My Little Slug (need to purchase)
5. Brooke Baby Afghan
6. Pine Forest Baby Blanket
7. Mossy Jacket
Finished Objects (Hooooooooray! I got my needles back!)
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012 - This hat could really use a good blocking. It's a little wonky from floating around in my car the last few weeks. Oops...
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 19, 2012 - These get worn quite frequently.
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012 - I still haven't blocked this or woven in the ends but hey, it's off the needles and that's "finished" in my book.
4. Super Seeeeeeeeekrit Swap Project: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012 - This project was sent out to KniftyKnittingMom on Friday so I should be able to actually show it on FO Friday this coming Friday...and then I can re-name it and all of that.
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012 <-- Did you see this? Did you notice? Huh? Huh? Did you notice? These are finished. Last week I had lamented how I did something stupid by misplacing the first finished sock and was, therefore, unable to finish the second one. Well.......this past Friday morning, I was in the office working on my swap box for the aforementioned swap when I came across the first sock. Woo-hoo! I was able to look at it and deconstruct the heel flap so I knew how many rows I worked, how many stitches I picked up for the gusset, and how many rows were between the gusset and the toe decrease. So...they were finished on Friday. I should be able to show them off on FO Friday this week :) Hoooooray!
Planned Projects: 23
Total: 34 projects
I think I need to start something new...again. I started the Snail hat and that probably won't take that long so I need to look ahead for another project.
Anyway, there you have it...another Year of Projects update from me :)