Today marks my 24th week of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I can't say a whole lot has changed since last week as far as my lists are concerned but we can talk about that in a moment.
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
I've worked a little bit here and there on the blanket and my socks but that's about it. I have too many things getting in my way of my knitting time. And I like sleep. Sleep is good.
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane
OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. A new version of my Vanilla Socks, perhaps in a DK or worsted weight...(I'm thinking something from Sun Valley Fibers and making it my a Ravelympics 2012 project for Team Sun Valley Fibers)
7. Adipose (Ravelympics 2012 project for Team Tardis)
See? Not much has changed. In fact, I tend to just copy-and-paste my lists and adjust as needed. It saves me a ton of time, trust me.
In other random events (re: life), Little Man did wind up having Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease. I wasn't too happy about that but it wasn't totally unexpected. He's never been in daycare before so a lot of these things he's going to get right away (and has, obviously). While we were at the pediatrician's office on Wednesday, I asked her about his lack of expressive speech (translation: he's 19 months old and only has eight words, three of which aren't exactly words but I know what they mean). She referred me to the "Birth-to-Three" program for an assessment. That's happening on the 26th. The words he can actually say are: "Mama," "Dada," "num" (his first word which isn't really a word but more of a reaction to food or when he's hungry), "hi," and "hi Joe" (I count as one word). He also says: "buh" (book) and "dah" (dog). Recently, as in this past week, he's started saying: "up." By this age, he should be saying at least double that. His receptive speech seems to be pretty good (i.e., he understands things). He can tell me where his nose, ears, mouth, hair, tummy, feet, fingers, and hands are. He's also knows what I mean when I say things like, "go get Mama's phone" or "let's go get Peter" (the dog). He points at things, he's very observant....he just doesn't talk. That's not to say that he's silent....he just has very few discernible words. So, we'll see what the assessment says. I'm expecting speech therapy to occur once we move. ::sigh::
Let's see...what else, what else...........oh, I got a compliment on my yard on Thursday (or was it Wednesday?). I mow the lawn, occasionally pull weeds and rake out dead overgrowth, and that's it. It's not as green as my grandpa had it but he was a little too obsessive about his yard. Anyway, I got a compliment on the yard. That was rather unexpected.
We met with the realtor about the house on Friday. It's not what I was hoping for (for the asking price) but with the market the way it is, I should have expected it. Speaking of the house, the patio doors have been ordered and will hopefully get installed sometime this week.
I think we have a moving date, too. We're looking at July 5th or 6th......which means I need to get moving on the actual packing. I have a feeling that I'm going to be calling in some favors (i.e., people to watch Little Man on the weekends so I can pack). We'll see.
I suppose that's all for this week....I'll leave you with a few random photos :)
|The Moby Wrap I never used with Little Man...wanna buy it?|
|Rosemalled by Agnes Lucille (Johnston) Green - my grandma...and I'm selling it!|
|Rosemalled by Agnes Lucille (Johnston) Green - my grandma...and I'm selling this one, too!|
|I eat chicken on a stick, Mama!|