Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Self-Imposed Year of Projects: Update #25

Happy Sunday :)

I feel like it's been an extremely long week. I know that weeks are all the same length but it just feels like this last week has dragged on and on.

But, we'll talk about all that later. Right now, it's time for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. This is the 25th update so I'm heading into my 25th week....

FINISHED OBJECTS
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012

WORKS-IN-PROGRESS
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012

I've worked a bit on the baby blanket. It's still not finished. Baby came early. I'm thinking I should be able to finish it up within the next week, wash it, block it (and steam blocking the acrylic to "kill" it into place), wrap it, and get it sent off to Maryland before we move. I think that should work out pretty well......if I spend the time knitting at night. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I haven't worked on much else. In honestly, the blanket is the only knitting I've done...and I haven't even worked on that very much. ::sigh::

PLANNED HATS
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
8. Nolan
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane

OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. Socks of some sort (something with yarn from Sun Valley Fibers, possibly two-at-a-time, toe-up)
7. Adipose (Ravelympics 2012 project for Team Tardis)



First of all, the new baby........the one that came early and I haven't finished the blanket. That one. So, baby is a "she" or a "her" and they named her Charlotte Marie. I've only seen the one photo at this point but I'm sure there will be more. I might even be able to share one or two :)

Secondly, Little Man. He's finally over most of his sickies. He's snotting outhis nose but that's about it. I've even had two days of easy drop-offs at daycare. Thursday and Friday, he didn't even cry when I dropped him off. He just went right to playing.

I think Husband is coming home this weekend. We're not going to be ready by July 5th.....okay, not "we," but rather, I won't be ready to move by July 5th. I can pack and pack and pack until I'm blue in the face and my fingers are splitting from all the paper...but I won't be ready. With all the other things going on, I just don't think it's going to happen. I have the Buy & Sell shop coming tomorrow, St. Vinny's on Friday, at some point the new patio doors & screens are going in (hopefully sooner rather than later), a dumpster is being delivered on Thursday, and I can't even think about all the other little things that need to be done.......and then the packing.

Anyway, that's about all I know right now. I hope you all have a lovely week :)

11 comments:

  1. Moving can be an awful lot of work. And then suddenly you've moved, your things are mostly unpacked and PHEW, deep breath. You'll get through it, and it'll all be worth it once you're on the other side of it.

    Blankets can seem interminable but it's sure to be appreciated. Don't stress about when you get it done though. The new parents will put it to good use whether they get it next week or several weeks from now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing I'm not looking forward to with moving is the unpacking while Little Man and Puppy are home with me...and then just in time to pack it all back up and move again. ::sigh::

      Delete
  2. Doesn't sound like things are letting up for you, I'm sorry that it feels rubbish at the moment with all the packing, hope you find some fun in the middle somewhere.

    It sometimes nice to receive baby pressies a few weeks in, as things have generally calmed down a little then, I'm sure you'll get it done and the new mum will be really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sounds like you are in the middle of moving hell ! I hope it gets better for you and I feel for you, moving is so stressful. Take one thing at a time and try not to think of everything that needs doing, I know easier said than done. Glad to hear little man is over most of his sickies and hopefully that will help you some. I agree with Faith some of the presents I remember most are the ones that came after a lot of the others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most definitely am in the middle of moving hell. That's putting it mildly...

      Delete
  4. Moving is hard work, best of luck to you. I'm impressed you've found anytime to knit. Don't kill the acrylic with steam when you block it. Just wash it, lay it out and give tugs where needed. Let it dry and it will be blocked. I do that all the time....even with all the afghans made from different squares and it works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many times baby gifts are delivered awhile after baby is here....it is what it is....

    I haven't moved in a long time and would be pulling my hair out if I had to pack up...it'll happen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Focus on being well and making sure Little Man continues his mend. Plus focus on your move. That is important. Knit that blankie when you can. The baby was just born; don't stress. She'll make good use of it whenever it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got so much going on but you have such a great spirit about it all! Don't forget to stop and take deep breathes ... And knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your move and I hope your little man starts feeling better soon.

    And LUTHER?? Oh no, I may not be able to be friends with you....as I'm a Knight (Wartburg) myself....j/k. :)

    Did you take any business classes with a Professor Ramona Nelson? She's my aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Wartburg?! No, we may not be able to be friends ;)

      I didn't take any business classes but the name sounds familiar. Perhaps my old college roommate had a class with her (she started out as a business major).

      Delete