Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 27, 2012

Missed It Monday

I feel like yesterday's Self-Imposed Year of Projects update was a little......brusque. Perhaps that's because I wrote the post a few days early and didn't have time to go back and edit it properly. Or perhaps it's because I didn't have much to say. Or not.

Whatever.

It's time for Missed It Monday: a day to talk about all the things we forgot to mention over the weekend :)

First of all, I've completed a couple things...not that I've picked up a camera to photograph them properly but that's not the point.

I finished the first of my Hermione's Everyday Socks. I actually finished it on Friday and neglected to mention it on yesterday's post. It fits exactly as a sock should fit...and that Double Gusset Heel gives me heel a little squeeze that I'm rather fond of.

I've also been on a designing kick...which means I've been on a knitting kick. I've been wanting to work on some different stitches so I've been making dishcloths. I've finished one dishcloth (yesterday afternoon) and I started another one using a different stitch pattern.

I'm debating on what I want to do with the finished dishcloths and/or the patterns involved. I'm thinking of making a 12 pattern collection and selling it via Ravelry or Etsy (or both) for $4 or something. I have no idea. Or maybe a bigger collection. And then there are the actual finished dishcloths...I suppose Christmas is coming up.

I have no idea what started this kick other than I was looking for some more instant gratification. I can make a dishcloth in a couple hours, depending on how detailed the pattern is. I also have a bunch of cotton yarn that I need to do something with...

So, I've finished a dishcloth and a sock. That's pretty good for me.




In other non-knitting things, Little Man probably has allergies. He hasn't been sleeping well, is all congested at night, and is fine during the day. I had him to the doctor on Thursday and she's pretty sure it's allergies. ::sigh:: Poor kiddo.

We went to San Mateo on Saturday night for dinner at The Melting Pot. It's the nearest one. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is on Wednesday so we went out to sort of celebrate. We can't celebrate as much as we'd like because we have Little Man with us and we had a good 45 minute drive but we still had fun.

Puppy is getting neutered this weekend while we're gone. We haven't told him, yet...not that he'd understand. There's not really any point to breeding him because he has no champion lineage...even though he's a rare liver & white Brittany. And he's been trying to hump here and there and we just don't want to deal with it. So while we're on our cruise, he'll be getting fixed. I bring him in on Thursday afternoon and we'll pick him up on Tuesday sometime.

I think that's about all that's going on in my little neck of the woods (corner of suburbia?). I hope you have a grand week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment