And that briefly put me into a panic. But only briefly. I came to the realization awhile ago that I wasn't going to finish everything on my lists, no matter how hard I tried. This may or may not be connected to my previous inability to find my collection of circular needles. I found them on Friday afternoon after Mama Knitting. I had a vision while knitting that they were in a blue Rubbermaid bin. I could see it in my head...so, when I got home and put Little Man down for his nap, I dug out the only blue bin that contained yarn and there they were...along with the rest of my DPNs and some other knitting/crocheting items. It doesn't matter though. I'm not going to finish my lists, and that is that.
But, let's talk about the lists :)
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
4. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
5. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
6. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012
I've spent some time working on Hermione's Everyday Socks. Not as much time as I would have liked but I work a repeat here and there and I'll eventually get around to the heel. I've also worked on the boring dishcloth, which I finished Friday night. I also spent some time working on my Icarus Shawl. One of my new knitting friends, Angela, has also made this and I think I was more inspired to finish mine after seeing her finished one...although she made hers with laceweight and smaller needles (mine is worsted weight and US #6 needles). Mine is already bigger than hers and I've left out a few of the first chart repeats. So, I expect that it'll be quite large.
Once I found my stash of circular needles, the urge to cast on all the things was too much...I started both the Nolan Hat and the Raglan Hat on Friday night. I'm making the Nolan Hat from the same yarn I used to make my Go, Pack, Go! hat. I'm doing all sorts of funny things to make that hat work for an adult. When I finally finish it, I'll give you all the dirty details :) The Raglan Hat also had some funny things going on but not quite as funny as the Nolan Hat. I suppose that's why it was a bit easier to finish...which I did on Saturday afternoon while Little Man napped.
I'm supposed to be working on my Icarus Shawl.........
I honestly haven't spent that much time knitting this week (at least, not until Friday - after Friday, knitting happened more often), though I did spend quite a bit of time with my fiber. I took some time on Tuesday to catalog two bins of fibery goodness. One bin contained fiber.
|4 oz of......something that's white and fluffy|
|8 oz of a Shetland/Alpaca blend|
|8 oz of a (different) Shetland/Alpaca blend|
|Silk from Briar Rose|
|Multi-Color Merino Top in Denim|
|Merino/Silk from Sandy's Pallete|
|Tidal Pool :)|
The other bin (labeled Bin #4) contained yarny goodness.
|Tracks of Bison (fingering) from Alisha Goes Around in "Stella"|
|Little Owl Organic from Winding River Fiber Arts in "Nymphadora Tonks" - from HP Club 2011|
|Glenhaven Cashmerino Sock from Three Irish Girls in "Maidenhair"|
|Opal Vincent van Gogh from Zwerger Garn in "Starry Night"|
Anyway, back to the lists.......I think I know what I'll be working on next :)
PLANNED HATS (at least three more - 12 total)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
6. Candy Cane
So, that brings my totals to this:
Finished: 20 projects
Works-in-progress: 6 projects
Planned: 3-6 projects
Totals: 29-32 projects.......
In other life events.....we had a screen put in for our patio. We were supposed to have one but, for some reason, we didn't and the management company put a work order in for it. Well, we finally got the damn screen on Thursday. So, we've been spending the last couple days training Puppy not to go running through it...and teaching Little Man not to mess with it. He's very interested in it and I can't say I'm surprised.
I've been driving a rental all week. I took my car in to have it's repairs done and I got a Chevy Impala for a rental. I'm not thrilled with it but it serves it's purpose. I'm hoping to have my car back sometime this week but we'll see how that goes.
Anyway, that's about all I know right now. I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and have a lovely week :)