So....Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
This post isn't about genealogy, as fascinating as I find it. This post is my 11th installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects.
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
2. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012
3. Little Man's Vest: started January 16, 2013
4. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013
5. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started sometime between March 10th and March 14th, 2013
I'm ready to Kitchener the toe of Little Man's first Garter Stripe Baby Sock. I just haven't done it yet. I've tried it on him a few times and now that it's just the toe, he's all excited and wants me to put it on both feet. He's so cute. He gets really upset when I take them off his little feet. ::sigh:: I still have to make the second one. Other than the sock and the 2" of ribbing on my vest and the dishcloth, there's not been much going on. What little has been going on has been happening late at night and has caused me to frog the dishcloth and restart it a few times this week. Oh well.
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Baby Surprise Jacket
3. Toddler Socks
4. Alvin Sweater
5. A New Sock Monkey
7. Greyson (need to purchase)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Viking Bag
3. Campfire Socks
4. Red Dwarf Socks
5. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
Household Items1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (1) (need to purchase)
2. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2) (need to purchase)
3. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
4. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
5. Grrlfriend Market Bag
6. Petal Dishcloth
Designs (which may or may not be sooper seekrit - obviously the sooper seekrit ones aren't listed)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby for sure, maybe adult-sized as well)
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook somewhere with potential designs somewhere)
In "real life," things are........well, the house is still a total disaster but I know we've made progress. The huge and ever-growing pile of empty boxes tells me we had to have done something around here. Unfortunately, many things don't have a specific place, things are just sitting around in places because they don't have a home. It seems like it's never going to end. It's been a frustrating week, generally. We had packages coming left and right, early morning, after 7pm, installations of furniture (some of which was damaged)...it was just nuts.
Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely week and maybe I'll have progress for next week. Don't count on it but, you never know.
Also, randomly, I have some items that I may need to get rid of in the form of teacher-type books, some Harry Potter stuff, and some regular books (like the first five Harry Potter books in the softcover BritEnglish version). I'll have to post about that...