Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Y2: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #31

I'm running a little late this weekend. We've been doing random things, running around, and because Husband has been working from home, my days are all messed up. I started watching Monsters Vs. Aliens with Little Man before I realized it was Sunday and I hadn't written my post. ::sigh::

So, I'm running late. Sue me. Story of my life. I still haven't done July's yarn review yet....

Finished Objects (FOs)
1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013  (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013 
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013

Nothing new here. Yet. I imagine that next week I'll have finished something. I hope...



Works-in-Progress (WIPs)
1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4.
Greyson: started July 5, 2013
5. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013

I have just a few scant rows left on the dishcloth, I think. I'm not really paying attention (the beauty of this project)...but I think I'm about ready to do the border rows and bind off. So, that should be finished soon. 

I finished the first sleeve on my Greyson sweater this week. It's looking pretty good...except where I need to fix the underarm hole. I don't know why but I can never seem to do it correctly and I always wind up with holes. It happens with socks, underarms, and anywhere else I need to pick up stitches and knit to close a hole. I expect the same thing will happen when I do the other sleeve. And maybe with the neck cuff. We'll see. 

I'm pondering my next pattern, of course...and it's not been helped by an Unofficial Harry Potter KAL thread and Secret Sock Club thread, both from the same group on Ravelry (warning, it's LSG and if you're not familiar with it, it's not family-friendly and there is a lot of copious cursing, among other things). My Unofficial Harry Potter Knits arrived in the mail on Saturday...and there are a couple patterns that are calling me and I might have to add them to the list. ::sigh::

Anyway, my remaining lists look like this (for now)....

 
Children's Items 
1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater  
3. Milo 
 
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers  
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts

Household Items
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (1)
2. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
3. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
4. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths

 
Designs
(which may or may not be sooper seekrit - obviously the sooper seekrit ones aren't listed)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)



In other news, I finally got the photos from Monterey off of Husband's camera. I'll share a few with you, all from the Monterey Bay Aquarium :) 

  


Touch tank with starfish and other small saltwater life



"Daddy, penguins?" Nope, Puffins...



Heading out to go to lunch

I hope you're all having a lovely week :) I should get that yarn review done...but we'll see how things go this week!

12 comments:

  1. Love the Aquarium pictures and somedays it's nice to run late and do other things, go with the flow so to speak. I am so jealous of the unofficial harry potter knits, I looked into getting the ebook of it and can't as I don't live in the US and I wouldn't mind I had more than a couple of patterns earmarked...huge sighhhhh but anyway looking forward to what you decide to do for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it requires you to put in a zip code, I've heard that if you use your Embassy's US zip code, you can get it that way. But I'm not sure if that's true.

      Delete
  2. Darling photos of Little Man - looks like he had a great time! On every pullover I've ever done I've had to duplicate stitch the underarms to close up the holes, so you're not alone :) If you ever find out the secret, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monterey is a great place to go to. I want to take the girls there.
    Sounds like you got plenty done despite this and that. I get lost too in watching movies with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually write my posts a day or two early and edit as needed before they post. I've been so off on my days that I didn't even realize it was Sunday until I did...and then I had to post :)

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! (And your list of FOs too!) Now you make me want to buy the Harry Potter magazine as an ebook (it's easier to take with me when I travel!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always end up with a hole in the armpit, but I just use scarp yarn when I'm weaving in ends to sew it up. Ain't no thang, you're still a rocking knitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what will probably happen when I finish. And I need to make my joins (and there are more than there should be) a little tighter...::sigh::

      Delete
  6. Awesome progress on your knitting (I"m so impressed by your lists!) And the aquarium looks like it was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greyson is looking great! I hope the holes aren't too hard to fix. I always get them on socks heels, so I know how you feel, it seems no matter what I do, I can't get rid of them. And I am SO jealous of your Harry Potter knits, even the download version isn't available to those of us across the pond.

    Little Man looks so cute, I love the toothy grin in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete