Did you read that? Today marks the last update of my Second Self-Imposed Year of Projects! So, because it's the last update for the year, this is going to be an extremely photo-heavy and link-heavy post...
It's the wrap-up for the year, what did you expect?!
Here was the first post regarding my Second Self-Imposed Year of Projects. Bless me, I was so innocent back then. I had a lot of wiggle room though because there were some items I had listed as "assorted" or multiple projects came with one pattern.
This is what I wound up with at the end of it all:
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Rose's Wrist Warmers: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
27. Little Man's Pumpkin Hat: started October 20, 2013; finished October 23, 2013
28. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013; finished October 30, 2013
29. Susan's Hat (V2): started November 3, 2013; finished November 10, 2013
I started out my year with four WIPs, which were all finished during the course of this past year:
|#5: Icarus Shawl|
|#11: Mama's Vanilla Socks (V2)|
|#14: Eat Your Monkey Socks|
|#1: San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts|
That's pretty good: my long-outstanding WIP (the Icarus Shawl) was finished, and I finished up some other WIPs.
Then I went on a dishcloth kick for awhile because this happened:
At the end of February, we moved into our new house. Hence the dishcloth kick...I didn't want to start anything new and huge and exciting because I had no idea how long it would take for me to find what I was looking for.
Once the majority of our unpacking was finished, I was back to business as usual...and I finished up the Icarus Shawl. And made more dishcloths...
About mid-summer, I decided I wanted to knit Little Man a sweater. I had purchased some yarn (on sale - shop going out of business) and Greyson happened.
|#19: Greyson Sweater|
I also completed another pair of fingerless mitts...but these went away in a swap.I may make myself a pair someday...they were a fun knit.
|#25: Rose's Wrist Warmers|
I also managed to start and finish a pretty large project this year. That's kind of a big deal for me because it generally takes me For.Ev.Er. to finish anything, especially big somethings.
|#28: Freeport Vest|
I finally got it on the blocking
Overall, I think I did pretty well for 2013. I finished 29 projects (granted 18 of them were dishcloths), I started an additional five that didn't make it for this year and carried four over from last year (which were all finished). I also frogged a project that I had started. It just wasn't working out so I think I'm going to find a better use for that yarn. I think that means I'm even...or something. I don't know.
Speaking of those remaining four projects...
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
4. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013
5. Milo: started December 25, 2013
I'm close to being finished with three of these projects. My Baby Surprise Jacket has maybe 15 rows left plus seaming. I'm working on the foot of the second Traveling Vines Sock, and I'm working on the second of my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts. I expect these projects to be finished rather quickly. My Dragon's Egg Socks...well....I'm working on them. I'm going to make at least one big change, which should reduce my time spent working on these. But it's not because I want to finish these in a hurry...it's a function of whether the socks will fit if I don't make this change. So, I'm going to have to make some changes. Oh well. Finishing them sooner is just a bonus :) Also, I couldn't resist starting a new project...I decided it was time to start Milo late on Christmas Day. So, I dug out some yarn (Tasmania by Artfibers), the proper needles and just started. Now, whether I have gauge or not is another story. I think I do but we'll see :)
Anyway, I expect some (more) changes to be coming to the blog within the next year including (but not limited to) changing how I do book and yarn reviews. I tried to make a schedule and it just didn't work for me. I also tried to do one of each every month which also did not work for me. Life just gets in the way sometimes. So, I'm going to do them whenever the hell I want and as I see fit. I have no schedule in mind but I do have some ideas for review :) I'd also like to participate more in things like WIP Wednesday/FO Friday (of course, I have to finish things to blog about them) but that's going to mean some buckling down and photographing things and blogging instead of knitting. We'll see how that works. Also, more photos...of course :)
Whew. That was a bit random and end-of-the-year-ish.
Next week will see the beginning of my Third Self-Imposed Year of Projects...and my birthday...and so many other things. Woo-hoo for a new year!