Finished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
Hey look! I have another FO this week! I finished up Little Man's Milo vest last Sunday evening. It was a race to the finish...and I didn't know if I would finish the vest or the yarn first. When I started the project in December, I thought I might have enough yarn...and then I noticed how much the first part of the pattern ate (the garter stitch at the top). I started to get a bit worried whether I'd have enough yarn or not. When Artfibers was closing in January, I went in to see if they maybe had any of the color left but, sadly, they didn't have any hiding. Sooooo...if I was going to procure more yarn, I was going to have to troll Ravelry to find someone. Luckily, a scant few people had listed they had the color I needed in their stashes (but not for sale). I wasn't even close to running out yet but I was a bit worried. I'm the type of person that will by two or three skeins extra for a pattern because I'm always worried I'll run out (and then I wind up with two or three extra skeins). I asked a couple people if I could possibly buy yarn off of them if I needed to and I found someone willing to sell me yarn (hooooray). I started knitting like a crazy person and...well....I finished the project with about 2 yds to spare. It was kind of a rockstar moment!
I should have a full write-up on Friday, after the vest has finished blocking. But, I can show you a couple of pre-blocking photos...
|Literally right after I bound off and wove in ends|
|5T my backside...as it fits my 3 year old!|
1. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
2. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
3. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013
I feel like my WIP list is a little naked......and boring. I know it isn't but I'm used to having so many more projects to chose from. I expect I'll be starting something new this week but I haven't decided what (yet).
Aside from finishing up Milo, I haven't really worked on anything. I worked a couple rows on my fingerless mitts but that's about it.
I also went through about half the bins that house my stash and decided that some things just needed to go. So, I'm having a destash right now (which is always lovely). And because I took things out of bins, I was able to house some things that previously hadn't been in bins. So my yarn closet is looking a little more organized right now. Anything helps at this point. Oh, and I went through my Ravelry queue and took out about three or four pages of things I just didn't love and probably wouldn't make...or items I've already made (like Milo and Welcome to the World Newborn Hat). I guess you could say that I've been taking care of some behind-the-scenes things.
So, my remaining lists.....and I expect I'll start something new soon (or totally revamp it, you know, whatever happens first).
1. Mini Socks
2. Swirl Hat
4. Hoo Hat
5. Otis Baby Hat
8. Sea Turtle (need to purchase - $2)
10. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
12. Smaug Hat
13. Surprise (need to purchase - $4)
14. Simple Newborn Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
4. November Leaves (need to purchase - $5)
5. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
6. Weeping Angel Socks
8. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...)
Sweater for Me
1. Ginny's Cardigan
2. I Heart Cardigans (need to purchase - $6CAN)
3. Moyen Age (need to purchase - $7)
4. Julissa (need to purchase - $6.50)
Shawl for Me
1. Pacific Shawl (need to purchase - $6)
2. See You in September
3. Boneyard Shawl
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
There hasn't been much else going on around here. It's been kind of quiet, honestly. We need that once in awhile.
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely week :)