Let's get started....
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
Originally intended to be a Christmas gift for someone, it's currently sitting in a box of handknit items. Oops.
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
Upon my suspicion that Stormageddon would be entering our lives, I made this hat...and yes, he has worn it :)
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
I'm pretty sure this sweater took more than five hours but it still turned out quite well :)
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
This is currently the perfect size for Stormageddon and he wears it often. I never did attach buttons and I don't think it needs it.
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
Made for Little Man and I wish I had had enough yarn to make it just a titch longer. The bottom likes to flip up once in awhile. But it's still adorable and he likes it.
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
This yarn and these mitts were meant to go together...if only because the yarn was aptly named "Christmas Zombie."
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
Traveling Vines Socks...these actually get a lot of wear in the winter months, perhaps because I have a couple shirts the same shade of purple.
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
I had intended this hat to be for Stormageddon...but it's a little big. Little Man has claimed it as his own. If only I could find it...
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
This went into my "Christmas/Charity" knitting box...and it's still there. I do rather like it but I think I'd like it more in a solid color.
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
This and the following Hoo Hat were gifted to a cousin of Husband's for their newborn twin girls (born November 5, 2014).
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
Another hat Little Man tried to claim but it was way too small for his head. It's almost too small for Stormageddon at this point...
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
When I made this sweater, I wondered if Stormageddon's head would ever fit through the hole...but it did. Unfortunately, I probably should have made the next size larger as he was only able to wear it once or twice. It'll be a nice keepsake someday...
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
I have no real need for mittens here in northern California but they are nice to have when it gets cold at night.
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
These socks also get quite a bit of wear, but only because they're workhorse socks (the yarn). They're also lovely and warm.
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
Little Man liked mine so much he wanted a pair of his own.
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
The first of my four Sacrificial Goats I made for Husband. He was made to pattern specifications.
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014
I wasn't sure if this would go well with Stormageddon...but he does wear it well. Even though I made the newborn size, it still fits him because it's such a stretchy pattern.
Okay, not the greatest photo but the other two are of him screaming....
20. Sacrificial Goat #2: started August 16, 2014; finished August 24, 2014
The second of the Sacrificial Goats. This one had some changes, including being knit in the round. It was probably the "tightest" of the goats but it was such a pain in the butt to do the face...
21. Sacrificial Goat #3: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
The third of the Sacrificial Goats was made much like the first with some minor changes.
22. Baby Stormageddon: started after December 17, 2013; arrived 5:04pm on September 2, 2014
23. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Cameron: started October 9, 2014; finished October 24, 2014
These have been shipped to Wisconsin but the recipient won't see them until after Christmas. I just hope they fit his teenage boy hands...
24. Graham for Cam: started October 27, 2014; finished November 11, 2014
I hope this fits it's intended recipient. It should...it's quite stretchy :)
25. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Jazzlynn: started November 11, 2014; finished November 17, 2014
My fourth pair of these mittens. They fit me (tightly) so they should fit Jazzlynn....
26. Barley for Jazzy: started November 17, 2014; finished November 20, 2014
This should be a lovely hat for an almost-seven-year old, right?
27. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Sherri: started November 21, 2014; finished December 3, 2014
This isn't the greatest photo but they're finished, they fit me...and all is well. They'll be shipped off to Wisconsin soon enough :)
28. Sacrificial Goat #4: started September 25, 2014; finished December 13, 2014
The last of the Sacrificial Goats (for now - I still owe one to Husband)...I think this one may have turned out the best of the four. Guess practice makes (almost) perfect? And a photo of all four of them together before they left for their grand adventure :)
29. Sorin for Sherri: started December 3, 2014; finished December 16, 2014
Finished. It's a big larger than I would have liked...bordering a lot on being more of a slouch hat. But, it should be fabulous for Sherri :)
30. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014; finished December 19, 2014
I've no photo of this...it's just a swatch. But it's done and that's fabulous!
You know, for such a strange year filled with unexpected things (like having a baby!), I actually accomplished quite a few things...and I have only a few things on the needles.
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Elefante: started December 19, 2014
5. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
Aside from the Dragon's Egg Socks, everything else left on my WIP list was started this year (some within the last week and a half). That's kind of awesome. It also means that I cleared out my WIP list that I started with (sans the socks)...which is also rather awesome :)
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt............I had quite a bit left on my "To Do" lists.....
3. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
4. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which is in a SSC Bag) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which should be in a SSC Bag, but isn't...I should remedy that) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random. Because I've started looking at Year 4, I know what I have in these bags right now...but I'm not going to share all of them until I start Year 4 in a couple weeks. Boo on me but yay?)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
There's always next year, right?
If you'd like to join me on my quest, hop in at the A Year of Projects group on Ravelry :) Next week, I start my Fourth Self-Imposed Year of Projects!