Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, December 26, 2014

FO Friday: Sherri's Christmas Gifts :)

Happy Friday!

The day after Christmas and I have some FOs to show off....not that they haven't been done for a couple weeks but, you know, I don't do anything in a timely manner, apparently. But, at least I'm getting it done before the end of the year :)

Waiting for Winter Mittens (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Waiting for Winter Mittens and Fingerless Mitts by Susan B. Anderson

Time Frame: started November 21, 2014; finished December 3, 2014

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Celery

Needles: US #7 (4.5 mm) Signature DPNs

Size: Medium

Modification(s): None, other than sizing them to fit Sherri's hand

Thoughts: This is the fifth pair of these mittens I've made. I still like the pattern and I love how these turned out. That's about all I can say about them.


Sorin (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Sorin by Carrie Sullivan (irishgirlieknits)

Time Frame: started December 3, 2014; finished December 16, 2014

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Celery

Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) Knitter's Pride 16" circular & US #7 (4.5 mm) Chai Goo 16" circular and Signature DPNs

Size: One size

Modification(s): I used US #7 instead of US #6 needles.

Thoughts: I think if I were making this for me, I'd leave out the last pattern repeat and make it a beanie. It came out as a slouch, which is fine for some people but I'm generally not one of them. I do like this pattern and I think I may just make it again :)



I hope you all had a lovely Christmas or whatever holiday/non-holiday/day you celebrated/didn't celebrate this past week :)

I have new pretties...

Husband ordered me the KP Rosewood Interchangeables. Woo-hoo!


The aftermath of opening presents...


Stormageddon's first Christmas


Little Man loves his X-Wing Fighter backpack

I'll be back on Sunday for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects Update #52: The Roundup :)

4 comments:

  1. These two boys definitely look like one another. Beautiful eyes and wonderful smiles. Have you used that style of mitten before? If so, how do you like it compared to the fingerless tube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the fifth pair of these mittens I've made. The pattern is so easy to read and there's none of this "left/right" crap. I've not made the fingerless mitts from the same pattern but as it's the same pattern with some modifications, I don't expect it to be much different.

      Delete