Happy Sunday from Northern California!
I had hoped to have something fun to write about today but, sadly, both boys are sick. Little Man started coughing and telling us he was cold the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday). Friday night, his fever spiked, he threw up, and he wound up sleeping in our bed. He was doing a little better on Saturday but then got worse as the day wore on. Last Sunday night, Husband took him to the after-hours pediatrics and, of course, they told him it was just a cold but to check in with his pediatrician on Monday...which I did. She said it was most likely a nasty virus, but if anything got worse or changed, to bring him back in. And then Stormageddon got sick...I had him in on Thursday and was told it was probably just a cold but they'd test for the flu and RSV, just in case. Thursday night.........Thursday night was awful and horrendous and I never want to go through that again. Between 8pm and 8am on Friday, I had a total of maybe 3.5 hours of punctuated sleep. I was volleying between Little Man and Stormageddon. One would wake up, I'd get him calmed down, lay back down in bed, and the other one would start in. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. All night.
I took both boys to the doctor Friday morning. Little Man was complaining of ear pain and Stormageddon was wheezing quite a bit and he wasn't eating nearly as much as he had been. Little Man had an ear infection, probably brought on by the........dun dun dun.......RSV that he shared with Stormageddon. So, I have two boys with RSV right now. There's nothing that can be done about it but at least Little Man can have some cough medicine and can tell us when something is wrong. It can lead to hospitalizations in small children but, so far, we've been able to avoid Stormageddon going to the hospital. I've been up with him every three hours at night, the humidifier is going, and he sleeps in the swing as much as possible. He's still wheezing but it's not too horrible yet. He's also coughing.
So, in short, we've not had a fun week around here.
But......that's not what we're here for, is it?
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014
20. Sacrificial Goat #2: started August 16, 2014; finished August 24, 2014
21. Sacrificial Goat #3: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
22. Baby Stormageddon: started after December 17, 2013; arrived 5:04pm on September 2, 2014
23. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Cameron: started October 9, 2014; finished October 24, 2014
24. Graham for Cam: started October 27, 2014; finished November 11, 2014
25. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Jazzlynn: started November 11, 2014; finished November 17, 2014
26. Barley for Jazzy: started November 17, 2014; finished November 20, 2014
27. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Sherri: started November 21, 2014; finished December 3, 2014
Even with all the sickness going on, I managed to finish up Sherri's mittens on Wednesday. Granted, I've not bothered to wash and block them but it's only because I'm waiting to finish up the hat that goes along with them :)
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014
4. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
5. Sacrificial Goat #4: started September 25, 2014
6. Sorin for Sherri: started December 3, 2014
As stated above, the hat for Sherri was started. Sorin just kind of fell into my lap. Carrie (irishgirlieknits) posted an update on her blog about her new hat pattern and it kind of fit the bill for what I was looking for for Sherri's hat. It just kind of fell into my cart and onto my needles. So, that's the only project I've worked on, aside from finishing the mittens. I'm still working on the ribbing but that's not unexpected considering the kind of week we've had.
Once the hat is finished, I'll probably be hitting the goats pretty hard as they need to be finished before Christmas :)
And now, my "OMGWTFLSGBBQ" lists....
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably
should...but, honestly, nah...just a few weeks left, why bother?!)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
That's really all I have for you this week :) I hope next week involves us not being sick and more knitting!