Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #30

Woo-hoo! Happy Sunday! Today marks the end of Tour de Fleece but we may have to talk about that next week, after everything has been fully washed, weighed, measured (WPI - wraps per inch, as well as length), and reskeined. Perhaps a FO Friday post for TdF is in my future?

For now, let's get on with the usual Sunday post :)

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015

Nope. Nothing to see here :)


Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015

My Pacific Shawl saw a couple rows this week but not much new to report. It's going to take me awhile to get caught back up to the point I was at when I frogged it. My Traveling Socks are just in stockinette hell until I get to the toe decreases, which I'm maybe 1-1.5" away from. I suppose if I keep on keeping on, I'll get there sooner rather than later.

Most of my fibery work this week has involved my Fire Socks. I finished up the leg, heel flap, and the heel turn. I'm now in the midst of the gusset decreases. I also worked a bit on the actual pattern (figuring how the heel turn for the other sizes, mostly).

I also plied the green merino for Tour de Fleece this past week. I even took a video.


Yes, it really is spinning that quickly when I ply. I found the usually-elusive sweet spot where my Scotch tension is perfect and I can just keep my singles apart as I ply and it just takes them up correctly. So, I took advantage of it.

At this point, everything has been washed, stretched, thwacked, and dried. A couple have even been weighed, measured, and reskeined. But I'll do a big post later with all of it.


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at "random")
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats

I've made some changes in my lists. I've completely removed The Dude sweater for Husband. This is for various reasons including, but not limited to: It's July and there's no way I'd be even close to finishing come January and Husband has already lost 50 lbs and who knows how much more he'll lose. I may not have to rewrite the pattern (okay, I probably will still have to but let me be deranged for a moment) and...........

I've also removed a few items from the "Children's Items" list because I'll never get around to them. If my Ravelry queue was any indication of my knitting plans, I'd never get through it. My queue, much like my stash, is longer than I'll be alive.



In the real world that is "northern" California, the wildfires have started up around here. There's a good sized one up toward Napa, which is about 45 miles northeast of here. I assume there are others nearby, as well. I know there are several thousand acres burning in southern California. Oh, and of course our drought continues, which just makes things worse. ::sigh::

A bit closer to home, though...

Little Man continues to love swimming lessons and soccer. He did get in trouble at swimming lessons this week for going underwater when he wasn't supposed to, even after his swimming teacher told him on more than one occasion that it wasn't okay. After a little chat with Mama and Daddy, I think he got the message. We'll see next week.

Here are a few snapshots from our week.

One is looking, and the other isn't....

One is blurry, and the other isn't looking...

Yes, I can stand by myself.

Iron Man is not impressed.

Selfie!

Lunch date at Fletch's (Hot Dog place downtown)

Sleepy Stormageddon

Stormageddon can stand on his own and seems to be kind of interested in walking but he's not quite ready yet. He's also eating more solid foods, which is helpful when he keeps grabbing at whatever I'm eating. All his teeth definitely help. I gave him homemade waffles last weekend, which he seemed to like. He's also had a teeny bit of my eggs (scrambled), which he also seemed to like. I tried giving him a little bit of a mozzarella stick and while he liked it, I didn't like that he just kind of let the cheese hang out in his mouth. ::sigh:: Babies. 

Hmmmm.......what else what else what else..........oh, here's something you can all enjoy. My mother-in-law thinks they should come to visit. After the shitstorm that occurred when they were here last October, I'm not sure I want them anywhere near my house. But, that's not an issue unless they decide they're coming out here. I'd rather have my bestie come out, thanks....or my sister-in-law......or even my brother-in-law (so long as he brings his wife and their daughters). 

Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I cut out some things from my list too this week. I think it's a good thing to dream, but sometimes you need to be realistic so you can succeed. Cute, cute kid pics! I miss mine being that young, not the sleep deprivation though. I'd tell your in-laws no to staying with you. If they still want to visit direct them to a nice hotel and you can visit them there, and keep your home a sanctuary for your family.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Kindle won't show your video, but all your spinning sounds fabulous, will look forward to seeing some on Friday. The boys look like they are having fun! The wildfires sound scary, thankfully we don't have them like you over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome video! Makes me want a wheel of my own. Except where would I put it and when would I find time to use it?

    Cute pics of the kids. Wow, they are growing up fast! And isn't Stormageddon the image of his older brother!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see the video :(
    The pics of those kiddos are precious though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need stress in your house. Can they stay at a hotel and you just meet them somewhere so they can have time with the boys? Your sock progress sounds good. Yay for that. Congratulations to your husband on his weight loss so far. That is awesome. The green plied looks silky and smooth. And yay on solid foods and no allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing the softies you're making for you little guys. Those look like fun. Your boys sure are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing what you did for the tour de fleece and can't wait to hear more on the socks. How cute are the boys and getting them both to look at the same time is always a job, I have to do silly dances and things to get everyone looking at me at the one time! Ruth.

    ReplyDelete