I'm running a bit late here in the San Francisco Bay Area due to a number of things, some of which are my own doing and others are.....well, totally not my fault.
Yesterday was Husband's and my 6th wedding anniversary. We had plans to drop Little Man and Stormageddon off with friends across the bay for the afternoon/evening (in Fremont, in case you're down with the Bay Area) and Husband and I were going to go to a winery in Alameda and dinner in the city. This has been planned out for at least a week or two. And late Friday night, most likely while some construction work was happening, a crane hit a transformer and sent some major high voltage lines down across the major highway that goes between San Francisco and San Jose....or, about 2 miles up the road from our place (we live just off the highway). It closed the highway in both directions for well over 15 hours, closer to 20 hours....so traffic was being rerouted through my neighborhood, the highway traffic was backed up for miles (I assume in both directions but I only saw the northbound backup)....it was just a general huge mess.
Our original plan was to take Little Man to soccer, come home and have him shower, then go over to Fremont, come back, dink around here and act like childless adults, go to the winery, and then go to dinner. Once we saw what traffic was doing in our neighborhood and on the highway, we decided we'd go straight from soccer to Fremont to the winery to dinner.....which meant no time in between wherein I could sit and at least start this post before this morning.
So, I can talk about everything else in a mo' but for right now, let's get on with things :)
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
Nothing new to see here. Not surprising, given the week we've had (which you can read more about below).
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015
8. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015
You may or may not have noticed.....I started yet another goat. ::sigh:: This one is for one of the senior director types at Husband's job who is retiring after 18 years. So, it's a bit different because it's yellow and black. Also, I've almost finished him. I think he'll be done by next week's post. All the pieces are knit, the legs are stuffed and all I have left to do is sew him and stuff him. That shouldn't take me too long but I do have two small children that like to get up in my business. I suppose time will tell :)
I worked a teeny tiny bit on Wink this week.....like maybe one row. I've also made a couple more teething cloths. I just need to wash all of them and send them to my sister-in-law. I think I have five completed with ends woven in and all that. I have one left on the needles, though.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Yeah, let's not talk about all this.....
California life: keep on keeping on.
Little Man missed a day of school this week because the plague has gone through the house. Little Man came home from school last week Friday with some congestion but it seemed to have sorted itself out by Sunday. So, I sent him to school on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon, he was congested again and was telling me he didn't feel well. And the coughing started. Then Husband got it. So, everyone stayed home on Wednesday (from school and work) and I went to the Back To School meeting Wednesday night. Then Stormageddon started getting the snotty nose and sneezing. I should have sent Little Man to school on Wednesday (he was fine after an initial bout of coughing when he first woke up)....but, that's all gone. So, between sick children and sick Husband, very little knitting was accomplished.
I also wandered across the Bay to have my car damages assessed, which means I took a trip to the yarn store (A Verb for Keeping Warm)...and a very excellent cupcake shop that's right next door (James & the Giant Cupcake). We're getting the car fixed this week, which means I'll be in a rental and so on and so forth. ::grumble:: That's not all that exciting....well, the yarn I picked up is exciting.
|New project bag|
|Four skeins of Loft|
|Two skeins of Shelter|
That's not a horrible haul :) I even kind of have an idea of what I'm going to with them, which is unusual for me but I'm just going to go with it.
|Toes are tasty :)|
|Playing with daddy's cup|
|Daddy's cup is tasty|
|Pudding 'stache (chocolate, specifically).|
|Lest you think our lives are all smiles and happy...|
|My first birthday card for my first birthday!|
Stormageddon received his very first birthday card in the mail on Friday from my brother-in-law and his family. His birthday is Wednesday and he will, of course, be a year old. I suspect there will be a post on Wednesday, marking the occasion.
What else what else what else........nope, that's about it. Little knitting, sick everyone, and keep on keeping on.
I hope you're having a lovely weekend :) I should be back on Tuesday with my monthly goals and probably Wednesday with a birthday post and maybe a WIP Wednesday post.......woo.