We all know why we're here so let's just get started!
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
Prettified photos of the goat and the Petty Harbour Socks and information about said projects can be found on my most recent FO Friday post. Other than that, there's not much to say about my FO list :)
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
8. Lattice Hat: started September 10, 2015
I've spent some time on a few different projects this week. Obviously, I started two new projects. Why yes, I've lost my sanity; why do you ask? But, back to my pre-existing WIPs. I pulled out my Dragon's Egg Socks and I've finished the first chart (the diamond pattern). Unfortunately, until I find the first sock, they've stalled out because I can't remember if I did just a regular *K1 P1* rib or if I did a *K1tbl P1* rib.....so, I need to look. While those were stalled out, I took Little Man's hat out along with my design notebook, and started to doodle what I was going to do with the hat. The first doodle was fine...but after looking at it, I didn't like it as much. On a different day, I did another doodle, which I like much better, and have started. However, there are also some things I didn't like will probably change if/when I make it again. Little Man won't care, though. And then, I spent some time on my Fire Socks. I've finished the gusset decreases and have about an inch or so left before I start the toe. I'm a little amazed with myself, to be honest. Oh, and then there are the two projects I started this past week. I picked out the bunny for Stormageddon, found suitable yarn in my stash, and cast on during one of his naps this past week. I've finished the butt of the body and now I've got about 3" before the decreases for the body. Exciting times. And my last new project: the Lattice Hat. It's a test knit for Veronica Parsons. The pattern calls for a light fingerweight, US #1 and US #3 needles.......which was fine and well until I cast on for the first time and found that the hat was going to be way too big. I needed to go down to a US #0 for the ribbing so it fits my fat head. I think the issue was the yarn and gauge rather than just the yarn.......::sigh:: But, it's started on US #0s and going along (two circulars, for now, as the only needles I had were two very long circulars or a set of very short DPNs). We'll see how I feel about it in a week...
Honestly, since five of my eight WIPs had some attention this week, I'd call that a win.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Outside of knitting, we have had a pretty uneventful week. Little Man got sick and I thought it may have been due to the heat and the low pressure system that was hanging out...and then he spiked a fever on Thursday and took two naps. This is a child that hasn't napped since just before he was two years old. So, I knew he was sick. He stayed home on Friday.....though, in retrospect, I probably should have sent him to school. He was fine and was driving me nuts.
And then yesterday, Husband got sick to the point that I took him to urgent care. He suspected food poisoning but they are running a bunch of tests to rule out things like appendicitis...we should know more later today, I hope.
Stormageddon was not spared from the illness, either. He caught whatever Little Man had, which means lots of baby Vicks on the feet, extra cuddles, and cleaning epic amounts of snot.
It's been a fun but gross week around here. And let's not forget that it was a damn sauna for most of this past week. The heat finally broke yesterday. But most of the week it was in the low-90s (~33.3C for my non-USian readers). Hot. Icky. Ew. Total first world problems but, honestly, it was gross. I'm thankful for our small window AC in back and our server room AC in front....and dark flat sheets to tack up over windows...yeah.
Last weekend, I took Little Man to see Shaun the Sheep: The Movie. It was cute and he really liked it (well, we both did but we went purely for him........okay, that's a lie; I wanted to see it, too). We took a couple selfies before the movie :)
And I took a little video of Stormageddon walking. He's actually doing really well with it, regardless what this video shows.
He had his one year appointment with his pediatrician this past week. He was 21 lbs., 13.5 oz (60th percentile), 31.25" long (60th percentile), and his head circumference was 16.25" (60th percentile). He also had his vaccinations, including the flu shot. Poor kiddo. He was quite grumpy on Thursday after his appointment but I think the little cupcake I got him helped.
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!