Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
22. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
23. Maple Slouch Hat: started November 15, 2015; finished November 20, 2015
Unsurprisingly, I've not finished anything this past week. With the USian holiday happening on Thursday, family friends visiting, and the plague that seems to have taken over the house, nothing was finished.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
7. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015
8. Maple Slouch Hat (2): started November 23, 2015
Most of this past week was spent working on the Vanilla Latte Socks, actually. I didn't get much knitting time and most of the knitting time I did have was while we were in the car going various places....so, purse knitting :) I did work a couple rows on the heel flap of my Fire Socks but I'm still in the middle of the heel flap, so that probably says I didn't do much. And, in case you didn't notice, I also started another Maple Slouch Hat...but this one is out of worsted weight yarn. There were a couple things I didn't like about the original, though the pattern is lovely. In other words, some personal issues; the pattern is fantastic. So, I'm making those minor changes and moving along. My only hope is that I don't run out of yarn....I shouldn't but you never know.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Let's just pretend these HUGE lists don't exist and move along, shall we......
In real life..........well, we all seem to have caught the plague. I got it first, apparently, and then Stormageddon, and then Little Man. I'm 90% over it, Stormageddon is still coughing quite a bit but he's otherwise fine. Little Man, just like his father, is over it. He got it last but he's the first one done. ::sigh:: I suppose that's good as he's got school this week and all.
This past week was interesting. First of all, Husband took the entire week off, so we walked to school with the boys, and we did a bunch of other random stuff that we've been meaning to do but just haven't quite had enough time during the day. We needed new sheets for the king size bed and the only place we know of to get sheets that aren't California king: Kohl's. So, we made a trip to Colma to the Kohl's there. It's not like Colma is far or anything but we need to plan because of traffic and such. So, we got new sheets. Husband also needed new shorts and to get fitted for a tux. He's lost a significant amount of weight over the last year or so and his shorts have been literally falling off, even with a belt. They also were falling apart. So, new shorts were acquired. I also got some of the Christmas shopping in while he was home with the boys. We also had family friends visit for Thanksgiving. One of Husband's best friends from college is, of course, back home...but his parents live in Carlsbad, which is between Los Angeles and San Diego. Dad didn't have quite enough time off to be able to go back to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.....so we invited them up here for Thanksgiving. We also invited another friend of Husband's from college, his wife, and their daughter.
On Thanksgiving morning, we did a 5K in San Jose. I have no idea what our time was or any of that but I know we did it and that's fantastic. Somewhere, there is photographic evidence but I don't have it in my collection.
What else what else what else.....oh, we went into the city on Friday. We had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack near Fisherman's Wharf and we also visited the Ferry Building.
Some stash enhancement happened in the form of eight skeins of Felici from Knit Picks and a skein of Hawthorne.
The only thing that was ready to be harvested was the lettuce so parents brought in other things (fruits, other veggies, etc.). He was quite pleased with himself, as you can see. He tried the lettuce but didn't care for it. I don't blame him. It took me until I was probably 10 or 11 before I'd eat lettuce. So, the fact that he even tried it is pretty important.
Last night and on Friday, we made funny faces. Stormageddon also wanted to take some selfies on Friday.
And since I'm posting late this morning/afternoon, here's what's happened this morning...
One of the boys in Little Man's class had his 5th birthday party today at Pump It Up (inflatable bounce houses and such). He tried climbing on a rock wall for the first time. He got up just a teensy bit further than this, couldn't figure out where to put his feet, and decided he was done. He tried it, though.
He also tried gladiator-style fighting in one of the things. Helmets, foam "bats" and pedestals. He seemed to like it.
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday :)