Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, December 7, 2015

A day that will live in infamy....

Seventy-two years ago, the Japanese bombed the hell out of Pearl Harbor. This was the United States' official entrance into WWII.

It was called "a day that will live in infamy," and it has. We are seventy-two years out from that day and we remember. There are very few servicemembers alive that survived that attack. Only two made it to the USS Arizona ceremony this year, though there are more yet alive, just unable to travel.

Two years ago, I wrote this post, commemorating the seventieth anniversary of the bombing at Pearl Harbor.

Not much has changed since that post was written. I have talked to one of my great-uncles since then, and asked him what my grandfather had said about Pearl Harbor. The answer: nothing different than what I knew. It could be that the great-uncle in question was only twelve or so at the time and may have been paying as much attention as I had when I asked my grandfather about it when I was eleven.

It is, indeed, a day that has lived in infamy...

No comments:

Post a Comment