I'll admit that I'm writing this a day early as we're doing another 5K this morning and meeting friends later in the day.....so, we'll just go with it :)
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
22. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
23. Maple Slouch Hat: started November 15, 2015; finished November 20, 2015
24. Maple Slouch Hat (2): started November 23, 2015; finished December 1, 2015
It appears that I finished another project this past week :) I've not done an FO Friday for either of the hats, however. You can see the second one on the project page (which is linked above). The pattern was also released this past week. Personally, I like my worsted version better but that may be because it's warmer. My DK version is a little too airy for my liking...which does not mean I'm not wearing it. It just depends on the weather.
But that's it, I swear...nothing else!
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
7. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015
With the FO, I was able to work on some WIPs this past week. My Fire Socks are moving along. I finished the heel flap & turn, picked up gusset stitches, and I'm now working on the gusset decreases. I also pulled out my Pacific Shawl from it's pseudo-unintended-hibernation and worked a couple rows. I can only work a couple rows at a time because each row is well over 200 stitches at this point and I just can't go that long. They take forever. I think I watched 3.5 episodes of Daria the other night while working just two rows. I'm almost done with the second boarder repeat. When that's finished, I get to move the lifeline to a new home and start praying to the Knitting Gods to allow me to win at yarn chicken. I also pulled out the bunny I'm making for Stormageddon. I figure if I want it done by Christmas, I needed to get moving on it. The head & body are done and stuffed. I attached the ear parts together the other day. Both arms are knit but not stuffed. Both legs are knit but not stuffed. I have 3/4 of the first foot still on the needles. I need to finish that, make the other foot, make the tail, stuff the arms, legs, feet, and tail, sew pieces together, and do finishing touches (i.e., embroidery on the face, hands, and feet). It sounds like a lot but it's honestly not that much if I just sit and do it. Maybe six hours, total. I should time it. I also spent some time on the Vanilla Latte Socks during swimming lessons and other "down but still have to watch the baby" times. I haven't measured but I know they're hanging around at least five inches, if not longer...probably longer. Self-striping yarn is lovely.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
I honestly don't even know why I continue to post these lists, other than to remind me that I am, in fact, batshit crazy and have no idea how long things take. Oh well. Moving along......
In other news, I'm sure things happened this week. Stormageddon is now 15 months old. He has his appointment later this month but I expect he's perfectly fine for his age. Little Man needed a day or so to get readjusted to going to school again. Even a couple days off just messes with him. ::sigh::
Little Man loves our outdoor decorations. Aside from the Angry Birds one he's posing in front of, we also have a blow-up Darth Vader holding a candy cane and Snoopy sitting on his house with Woodstock.
Stormageddon, it seems, really likes to take selfies. ::sigh::
We had a significant amount of turkey leftover so I made some turkey pot pie this week. You cannot tell in this photo but Puppy is sitting right next to me, ready to steal my food off my plate. He's kind of a turd like that. We don't let him have people food but he will steal it if there's an opportunity.
This is what happens during swimming lessons when I'm not knitting. I took this to send to Husband to show Stormageddon, who was home with Daddy during swimming lessons.
And, lastly, the finished Maple Slouch (2)....but this was before it had been washed/blocked. It's much softer and a little longer/bigger now. Exciting times.
This next week is going to be a bit crazy around here. Monday night is the mandatory kindergarten meeting for the school district. Tuesday night, Husband is taking Little Man to the farewell tour of Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters). Husband has jury duty on Wednesday. I have a dentist appointment on Thursday (and I'm praying that Husband isn't picked for jury duty so I have someone to watch the boys....). Friday will be the only "normal" day around here. ::sigh:: Busy week. I hope I have time to knit....
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!