Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Stash Enhancement: Indie Yarn Carnival and a few other things...

Happy Saturday :)

I've acquired some yarn recently, some of it by my own volition....okay, all of it is by my own volition but one was a club shipment and the rest were because I'm having a thing in my head about sock cuffs and heels and toes right now.

Anyway, let's see it already!


This is a skein of Miss Babs Yowza in the appropriate name "Top of the Ferris Wheel" because it's from my most recent shipment from ErinLane Bags Indie Yarn Carnival (seriously, it came a couple days ago).


And the bag that came along, of course. I'm not positive but I think this is what Lindsey deems the "Small Project Bag" on the website.

A pattern also came along for the ride so here's a shot of all three:


The pattern is the Brave Shawl, which is not in the Ravelry database (yet).


I also went to Michael's the other day with a bug in my pants for some plain white or grey or something not black yarn for sock cuffs, heels, and toes. Don't ask me what I was thinking because I think I was pondering #operationsockdrawer (which you can find out more about if you listen to the Knitmore Girls podcast) and Susan B. Anderson's #soskal (which is for her Smooth Operator Socks KAL). Anyway, these came home......


Patons Kroy, which is a workhorse sock yarn that I've used before (my Vanilla Latte socks).




And two separate skeins of Loops & Threads Woolike. The top is more of a white/undyed and the bottom is slightly on the grey side. The only thing I'm worried about with these two is actual yarn weight. It's classified as a light fingering weight, which is fine for socks....but most of my socks are just a normal fingering weight so I'm a little worried that it'll be too thin for what I'm planning to use it for but we'll see how it goes.




I hope you've enjoyed this little quickie stash update :) I will, hopefully, be linking up with Tammy soon enough. I'll be back tomorrow with my Year of Projects update :)

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, that Miss Babs colourway is so gorgeous!! I like the project bag, it definitely goes with the yarn. You have so many stash enhancements, it's amazing! Do you have a basement that's just filled with yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little closet with bins of fibery goodness....but not a basement. Sadly, basements are not a thing where I live (I WISH!)...but even if we had them, I'm not sure I'd store yarn down there. So, closet it will be :)

      Delete
  2. Your new knitting bag rocks. I like the dark mixed with the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete