FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018
18: Cup Cozy: started 22 September 2018; finished 22 September 2018
19. Sockhead: started 11 September 2018; finished 2 November 2018
20. Violet Waffles: started 15 November 2018; finished 16 November 2018
21. Violet Waffles: started 16 November 2018; finished 28 November 2018
I figured I might finish the second Violet Waffles hat this week and, lo, that happened. Of course, neither hat has been washed or blocked but that's another issue that I may remedy today. We'll see.
WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design (based on that project): started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
12. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
13. Age of Brass & Steam Shawl: started 10 August 2018
14. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
15. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
16. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
17. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
18. Random Hat: started 28 November 2018
19. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018
Because I finished a project, I started two more this week. I don't know what that says about me as a person but it happened, regardless. I'm making a random hat using up the leftover bits from the two Violet Waffle hats. It's going to be mostly green (because I have more of that leftover) but it will probably have a couple stripes of red. It's just some mindless knitting, really.
I also started another Sockhead hat, but this one is for Little Man and it's using some sock yarn that I dyed. It was a bare skein of Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer and I split it half green and half black but it's not perfect and will probably spiral, which is fine with me. I'm not even finished with the first round on it, though. I started it on Thursday night during swimming lessons, meaning I did the cast on and started the first round and that's what I managed to finish in the 40ish minutes we were there.
Outside of finishing the one hat and the starting of two more, I don't know that I did any other knitting this week. I really need to take care of some of my languishing WIPs, though. Specifically, I need to finish the stuffed elephant for my niece since it's for Christmas. I'd also like to get the Age of Brass & Steam off the needles, as well as the Returning shawl. Maybe I should make a consorted effort or something.
1. Mittens for Stormageddon
2. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
3. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
4. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and the Neighborhood Fiber Co. in "Charles Centre")
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
11. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
12. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
13. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2. Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns
Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
Because we're in the last four weeks of this, my SEVENTH year of the Year of Projects, I'm starting to look ahead to the new year and what it may or may not bring. I'm looking to maybe reevaluate how I do things or how I sort things or.....I don't know. We'll see. I'm starting to think about it, which I suppose means I'm in for the next season.
I feel like this week kind of went by in a blur, which may or may not be because we were attempting to get back to the regular schedule, which didn't work because Stormageddon got sick early in the week. ::sigh::
But, I did take the boys to the park in between all the rain showers. They were going bonkers at home because they had been cooped up for the better part of two weeks, first because of the smoke from the Butte Co. fires and then because the rain started. So, to the park we went.
After we got home, the boys worked on their Christmas presents for grandma & grandpa.
Other than that, the week was kind of quiet, partly due to Stormageddon getting sick, but also partly because we were back to our (mostly) regular schedule.
Stormageddon found this little spider on our Minion blow-up Christmas thingie on Monday afternoon. He was scared of it for some reason, even though it was outside. Silly boy.
This should be a pretty good indication that Stormageddon was not feeling well. He doesn't nap unless he's sick or we've been busy and it's a car ride home. He just curled up on the bed next to me while watching The Incredibles II and fell asleep. He had been coughing and snotting and was just not a happy camper. I hated to wake him to get Little Man but we had to.
Thursday was kind of a crazy day. Husband works from home on Thursdays, usually. So, we scheduled alllllllll the things. He had a doctor appointment and went to the gym, while I was home with Stormageddon and dropping Little Man off at school. When he got home, I went to Costco and scheduled eye doctor appointments....for that afternoon. So, at 2pm, Husband went to the eye doctor, I picked up Little Man from school with Stormageddon, Husband did a drive-by of the school and I tossed Stormageddon in the car with him, got Little Man and went to the eye doctor, then we drove to Redwood City so I could meet with the endodontist about my probable (now certain) upcoming root canal, then we had to rush to Little Man's swimming lessons....it was such a busy day.
Friday was a lot more benign. Stormageddon was mostly feeling better but still coughing. We ran a few morning errands (Target & dropping Husband off at the BART station) and when we picked up Little Man from school, we wound up at one of his friends' houses, which worked out well because said friend's mom got notification that she was accepted to the graduate program she had applied to so we had bubbly and wine to celebrate. I think we walked home around 8:15pm.
The friend's family is Jewish so the daughter (6th grade) was teaching Stormageddon & Little Man how to play dreidel (obviously her brother knows how to play). I think they let Stormageddon win on purpose, though I'm not sure how. He loves chocolate coins. It also helps that Stormageddon absolutely adores her.
Yesterday was a cleaning day around our house. I was going out with a mom friend for dinner and wanted to do some cleaning around the house (the counters, the laundry, etc.). I mostly finished....but I also brainfarted that it was Saturday and I should be writing this post. Oops. That's why I'm late today. I think it's just who I am as a person now. Or something.
I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :)