Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Year Eight: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Why is it November? (Update #44)

Seriously. Why is it NOVEMBER. Yesterday it was April, I swear! Anyway, it's Sunday and we're here for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects so let's get going :) 



FO's (Finished Objects): 
1. Age of Brass & Steam: started 10 August 2018; finished 7 January 2019
2. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018; finished 25 January 2019
3. Cowl for Miss Sylvie: started 18 January 2019; finished 9 April 2019
4. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started 16 May 2019; finished 24 June 2019
5. Dishcloth: started 9 July 2019; finished 16 July 2019
6. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018; frogged 16 July 2019
7. Dishcloth: started 16 July 2019; finished 26 August 2019
8. Large Sacrificial Goat: started 20 September 2019; finished 1 October 2019
9. Hufflepuff Hat: started 31 July 2019; finished 7 October 2019

Nothing new finished. Keep moving. Keep dreaming. But notice things....




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 201
6. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 28 July 2018 
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
12. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): stared 16 January 2019
13. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
14. Lederhosen Socken Hat: started 11 September 2019


You may or may not have noticed....I didn't frog the Lederhosen Socken. I had a better idea on Wednesday when I tried it on my head and, lo it fit. So, I'm going to modify it into a hat. That doesn't change the fact that I have three balls of that yarn in my stash now but it does save me from frogging. And with a folded brim, that should work. And it will be mine. Maybe Husband's but he doesn't really do hats so probably mine. 

Aside from that, I finished a granny square and started another one, which I know I worked on in the car on Thursday or Friday and yesterday afternoon. I think that was it, though. I may have worked on the Abracadabra Socks but I don't remember. So that's just a maybe. 



Design WIPs  (New section, specifically for design WIPs):
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

Keep moving along now, Sir. Let's just not talk about this right now. Sir, I said MOVE ALONG.




OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists




Challenges (this is new for 2019)
1. Knit 1 granny square a month (average) until I'm out of yarn (for the Granny Square Blanket in my WIP list above): I'm definitely behind. I'm okay with it. As long as I work on them, it's all good.
2. Submit and/or publish 2 designs this year. Given that it's November and I've not given one ounce of thought to this....I'm just going to say that it's probably not going to happen. I can dream, right? No thought means no progress. Oh well.



Children's Items
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (probably worsted weight of some sort)
4. Tardis Beanie (worsted weight - Cascade Yarns Venezia in Blue Velvet Grey)




Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Fornicating Deer Hat / Basic Lined Hat (worsted weight - Barrett Wool Co. Worsted Weight in Huron & Stationery from Stitches West 2018)
2. Brickless (worsted weight - Miss Babs Yowza in Celebration)
3. Nightlock (fingering weight - Sun Valley Fibers Merino/Nylon Fingering in Onyx & Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor)
4. Honey Badger (fingering weight - one of the BMFA STR that I got from Carrie)
5. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
7. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (as a hat; fingering weight - G. Sheller Merino/Silk Fingering in Natural & YOTH Little Brother in Caviar)
8. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - box of Knit Picks...may need to order more)
9. Tombreck (Aran weight - hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist or handspun Purple BFL)
10. Stormont (worsted weight - MadTosh 80/10/10 in Molly Ringwald)
11. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
12. Northeasterly (Sock or DK weight - but really, I can use whatever as long as I have enough)* 


Designs
1. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
2. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
3. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
4. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
5. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)



Spinning
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (9) from Vice Yarns
2. Anything else I find in the stash...or pick up along the way....


Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers and/or stitch marker kits
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database & my Rav Library
3. Update inventory of loose patterns & books (spreadsheet & Rav Library)
4. Update inventory of PDF patterns (Rav Library)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
7. Get the Etsy Shop up and running with all the things! Or something. Maybe not an Etsy shop...




Halloween was this week. The 8th grade teacher appreciation luncheon was this week. I've had work this week. This week was Husband's last week with the company he's been with for the last 7.5 years (they were bought out by another company so it's not like he quit and found a new job). So, we've had a full week around here. 






Last Sunday we carved the pumpkins and I cleaned the seeds for roasting (which I did on Wednesday). 

Most of the rest of the week was our usual stuff, other than the teacher appreciation luncheon on Wednesday. The only reason I mention that is because another parent and I are running it so it's just stuff that needs to be done. It was decorated for Halloween and the food was lovely and so on and so forth. I think the next one is during conferences week (the week before Thanksgiving). I'll have to look at the calendar.

Thursday was, of course, Halloween. Stormageddon was allowed to wear his costume to school for the parade (8:30am). He couldn't wear his Spiderman mask but that's fine. We all knew who he was. 






Little Man had to do something a little different. At his school, they do Historical Timeline so they pick a person, do research, and then they dress like that person. His class has in-class presentations and then the school does something like a timeline presentation. The kids line up by their person's birth year, so you have 3rd graders with 5th graders and it's a good mix. The 7th graders give the timeframe information (like "1750-1800 was a pivotal time in the world, the American Revolution took place, as well as blah blah blah, and so on") and then each child says who they are, what year they're born, and maybe an interesting fact or two. 

Little Man was Nikola Tesla. 





There were maybe two other Teslas throughout the classes. There were some interesting ones, though, too. One of the boys in the other 3rd grade was the inventor of Nintendo, and Nintendo is a lot older than you think. There were people I'd never heard of, and we had a lot of Alexander Hamiltons and George Washingtons and a couple Aaron Burrs. Can't imagine why. 

That was, of course, during the day....by night, I had two Spidermans. Because of course. Less fighting in the future if they have the same costume. 




We went Trick-or-Treating with friends. It started out with nine kids and five adults but we ran into (literally) another group from the school and I think we wound up with something like twenty kids and twelve adults. The kids had fun, so that's always good. Little Man was peopled out around 7pm, though. I took him home and left Stormageddon with the group and rejoined them. Little Man handed out candy at home. 

By the time Friday rolled around, we were all just done with this week. I had a work meeting on Friday morning, but then I skived off work for a bit, had breakfast and a mocha, and just bummed around until I had to get Stormageddon from school. I had an unexpected trip into San Francisco on Friday (after getting Stormageddon) but that was fine. Friday afternoon, we just lazed about. Little Man went out on his bike for a bit, the boys played Luigi's Mansion 3, I finally did some work.....yeah. 

Yesterday was busy, too. The boys went to a Lego party (build legos, take Legos home) and then Husband and I went to see Jojo Rabbit at the Alamo Drafthouse. 




But now it's Sunday and daylight savings hit and the boys had me up at 7am and we have stuff to do. So, I'm going to wander off. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :) 

3 comments:

  1. Last week was unending!!!!! I was so done by Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news that your hat fit and doesn’t need frogging. The size of those pumpkins! They are ginormous! I don’t think I saw any that big in our supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hallowe'en pics and Tesla is a great idea for a costume.

    ReplyDelete