Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - 100 on one end, Valentine's Day on the other (Update #6)

Happy Sunday! Let's get going!


FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020

It's kind of delightful to have two FOs here...but don't expect any new ones for awhile. Well...maybe. I don't know. We'll see how things go.



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
12. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
13. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020


I've been delightfully good this week, not starting anything new. Also, I even worked on a WIP or two....okay, just two. I worked a few rounds here and there on the Sockhead. While I know that it's growing, I still feel like it's just not growing quickly enough. I think it's just because I'm in 2x2 ribbing hell right now and I'm using US #0 needles, which are smaller than what I use for socks. So, slow going for the ribbing. 

Aside from that, I finished up the first of the Abracadabra Socks yesterday. I still have to weave in ends and all that but I plan to do that after I finish the second sock, mostly because I'm lazy. For some of my socks, it's practical so I can see what I did on the first sock and where...especially when there are things like yarn changes involved, like this one. Really though, I'm just lazy. I mean, let's be honest: I've had my Frankensocks finished since August 2018...I still have one sock with the ends not woven in yet (and I've worn them only twice because of that - they ends are getting a bit felted after the second wear & wash)....lazy. 

But, I did not start a new project, which is a good thing. I still have a raging case of Startitis but I've not had enough time to dig through the stash and start something new, which is probably a good thing. I've got quite enough to be getting on with here. 

Moving along.....



OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Baby Yoda for Babies (Loops & Threads)
4. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
5. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
6. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):

1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)
10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)


Designs:

1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:

1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL
2. Mixed BFL
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



I thought about starting a project bag inventory this week and then I realized that my copies of Office/Excel (and all of those) are out-of-date and I can't create new ones or edit old ones. So, I either need to do them in Google Docs, which is fine honestly, or I need to get myself in order and get everything up-to-date on my laptop. So far, I've not done either one. I suppose that right now, I'm okay with that...but I really do need to do some sort of project bag inventory. I have so many bags and I really don't know what I have and, of course, I'm a sucker for good project bags in fun fabrics and Stitches West is coming up in two weeks (eep! I've not even thought about anything regarding that, which is a whole other matter).......yeah. Just another thing that happens in my life, apparently.

After almost two weeks, Husband finally seems to be on the mend. He worked from home on Wednesday and Thursday and actually went in to San Francisco to his office on Friday, which is a definite change from the week before where walking from our bedroom to the loo exhausted him. He's still not 100% but he's significantly better. 

The boys and I are still fighting some lingering flu symptoms but it's difficult to tell if they're actually lingering flu symptoms or because everything is now in bloom. Okay, not everything but damn near everything. The pollen count is really high and although I've been told I have no general allergies, I still come down as symptomatic. So, who knows? I'm still coughing and snotting with occasional itchy eyes. Little Man is still coughing. Stormageddon is still snotting. I don't even know what to do at this point. They're fine to go to school but I don't know whether to treat the symptoms or not. Neither appear bothered by them so for now, I've just let them be. I, on the other hand, have been taking allergy meds and DayQuil, trying to mitigate the worst of it.

On Friday, Stormageddon (and Little Man) had the 100th day of school and I spent the day in Stormageddon's classroom. They had several activities they could pick from that involved 100 somehow. We made paper chains that had 100 chains, there were Froot Loop necklaces made with 100 pieces of Froot Loops, snack involved eating 100 pieces of food (like 10 white chocolate chips, 10 pretzels, 10 marshmallows, etc.), math games for counting, coloring activities, poems....they spent the morning choosing what activities they wanted to do. I was so tired by the end. I actually fell asleep after he and I got home, before we had to pick up Little Man. 

Aside from that, it was a pretty benign week, actually. This week we have a flurry of things happening like Cub Scouts and Valentine's Day and I'm working in Little Man's classroom tomorrow morning for their art class and this and that. 

I do, however, have a couple photos from this week. The two black & white photos were taken by our roommate. He loves the black & white photo thing. Sometimes, I feel like he was born in the wrong decade. I feel like he would have fit in really well in the 1930s-1940s but he graduated from high school in the early 1980s. See, wrong decade completely. 




I have no idea what he and Little Man were doing but we had these weird foam things that came with Husband's laptop after it was fixed. He's been using them for all sorts of things and I guess they made a frame out of it? I don't even know. 





Stormageddon gave him two thumbs up for some reason. And wore his Captain's hat. He's just cute. He was asking me to cut his hair again, even though I seriously just cut it a few weeks ago. Apparently his hair isn't tiny enough. 





The boys had a Harry Potter moment on Wednesday. Our pilot friends found this Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak on severe discount and bought it for the boys. It's supposed to work with an app on your phone that turns you invisible....only it doesn't work so well. The boys don't mind a bit. So, they dressed up and stole my wand and were playing Harry Potter the other day. Stormageddon has Little Man's Hufflepuff cloak on with the Monster Book of Monsters and Little Man has the Invisibility Cloak on. Whatever, they had fun.

I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! Happy knitting and all that. 

3 comments:

  1. An invisibility cloak is such a cool gift. Somedays I think I could really use one! I am glad your hubby is on the mend, and I hope you are all much better by this time next week. Cool idea about the 100 days of school celebration - glad you were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all feel back to normal soon. The 100 days celebration sounds like a fun idea. Do you use Ravelry to log your projects, as you could add a Tag in there with the project bag they are in? That would get round you needing another software?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the bugs are slowly being kicked away from your household. You guys were really hit hard. Always fun to see your boys. Will you be able to hit STITCHES w/out them and be able to shop in peace. I know most knitters will go Saturday but I'd rather go Friday since E's home and can take care of drop off and pick up, my last hurrah before oral surgery in March.

    ReplyDelete