Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - And just like that, January is over! (Update #5)

Happy Sunday! I hear it's the Superb Owl today, or some such thing. I don't really care, obviously. But I may have to look into making an owl....

Anyway, let's get going. 



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020

As I suspected, my first FO of 2020 ended up being my Ewetopia Stripey Socks followed by a Tiny Turtle. And they were both finished this week. Actually, the Tiny Turtle was restarted on Thursday and finished on Friday. It had been sitting in time-out since November to think about what it had done. But now they're both finished.





I still have some of the main color left but not enough for anything close to another pair of socks. I also have plenty of the contract color left. I used a mini and I didn't use the whole mini. I think if I had done a contrasting cuff, as well, I probably would have used the whole mini. The main color is from Ewetopia and I picked it up years ago (before we moved to California) and it sat in my stash and sat in my stash and I finally made socks. The contrast is from Leading Men Fiber Arts and I picked that up last year at Stitches West, I think. It was either last year or the year before but it was definitely at Stitches West. 





The turtle came as a kit that I bought at Imagiknit in San Francisco in November 2017. I picked up three kits that day for mini mochis: tiny narwhals, tiny turtles, and tiny frogs with a lily pad. I've made the narwhals and, now, one of the turtles. I still have enough yarn in the kit to make another turtle and I may even do that this week. He didn't take very long. The only reason it went on time-out in November was because I managed to drop a stitch during the decreases on the top of the shell and I couldn't recover it so he was frogged. It was 100% human error on that one.

So, two FOs in the 5th week. 



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
12. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
13. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020

With the two FOs, this brings my WIP list down to a respectable thirteen projects. Okay, maybe respectable isn't the correct word. Regardless, I have thirteen WIPs now and I didn't start anything new. 

Aside from the two FOs, I worked on my Abracadabra Socks for a couple rounds (still on the foot) and the Sockhead hat. I'm almost done with the ribbing on the Sockhead. I wound up buying a new needle this week, specifically for the Sockhead. I don't remember what the pattern calls for and I've made a couple using US #0s for the ribbing and US #1s for the rest of the hat....but for some reason, I got it in my head that I should be using US #3s for the main portion of the hat. That required either two long circulars or a 16" circular. Now, I know I have a 16" US #3 circular....but for the life of me, I couldn't find it (because it's in the UW Ski Hat right now) and while I had one long circular, I didn't have two. So, I bought another 16" US #3 circular needle. We'll see how that goes.

That was all I actually worked on, though I did pull out the Herbivore with the pattern and intentions of actually working on it. It didn't happen, obviously.



OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Baby Yoda for Babies (Loops & Threads)
4. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
5. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
6. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)


Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):

1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)
10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)


Designs:

1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:

1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL
2. Mixed BFL
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit


This week has been....well, it's been a week (again). The flu is still going through our house. Now that the kids and I have all had it, Husband finally got it. Unfortunately, it appears that his may be something other than the flu. We have plans to go to the doctor this week if things don't start looking better. And, to top it all off, I appear to be coming down with something else, which is not delightful. I just (mostly) got over the flu...I really don't want whatever it is he has. His involves a lot of coughing and that's just not going to work for me. 

Thankfully, the boys seem to be fine. 

In other random events, the areas of the lawn where I spread grass seed and then chaff from Husband's beer appears to be taking properly. Normally, birds will go after the grass seed but because the chaff smells gross (seriously, it smells so nasty), they tend to stay away from it long enough for the seed to, well, seed. It's not a perfect system but we have some major bare patches in the yard that needed attention, as well as the area around the hot tub in the back yard. So, any progress is still progress.

What else what else what else......oh, my phone is being a pain in the butt right now. I supposedly have unlimited texting but my group messages have been throttled, which is not delightful. I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing...but I've missed a bunch of things. Oh well. 

I wish I could say exciting things are happening around here but, really, no, that's just not a thing this week. Maybe next week? We'll see, I suppose.

I hope you've all had a better week and weekend than we have. I think I'm going to go to bed soon. ::sigh:: 

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon...all of you. CUTE honu. Great finish on your socks. Are you going to STITCHES this year?

    ReplyDelete