Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Is it really Sunday? (Update #38)

Happy Sunday! I had some wonky things happen with last week's post so I'm going to try to remedy them this week. We'll see how it goes.



FOs (Finished Objects):

1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020
5. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020; finished 25 May 2020
6. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020; finished 13 June 2020
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018; finished 18 June 2020
8. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019; finished 30 June 2020
9. Oread Hat (test knit): started 2 July 2020; finished 11 July 2020
10. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019; finished 18 July 2020
11. Rose City Rollers: started 18 June 2020; finished 4 August 2020
12. Prototype Something Something (worsted): started 5 September 2020; finished 6 September 2020

Nope. Nothing new to see here. Move along now, sir.



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):

1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10. Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020
11. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
12. Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020
13. Basic Fingerless Mitts: started 6 September 2020
14. Prototype Something Something cowl: started 11 September 2020

Admittedly, I've done very little actual knitting or crocheting or crafting of any kind this week. I spent the latter half of the week feeling slightly under the weather, which accounted for some of it. I've also been swamped at work, which is unusual. I think I worked on the fingerless mitts early this week and that was about it. I did some reorganizing of my corner (where all my WIPs live) and moved some things around but that was really about it.



OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists



Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)



Children's Items:
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018) - I may change this to a different sweater using the same yarn
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)


Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit 


This week saw the skies finally clearing and our air quality going back to a somewhat more "normal" reading, which unfortunately triggered a migraine and a general unwell feeling for me, as of Wednesday. I was feeling significantly better by Thursday and almost normal on Friday. I'm fine now but I think the small amount of rain we had and the air finally clearing was the issue. 

Unfortunately, that knocked me over for a few days, and while I am feeling better, I'm still not operating at 100%. It's fine. 

This week, the boys had their usual school-related meetings. We're heading into our sixth week of Distance Learning. Unfortunately, I had a bunch of work meetings scheduled, which is rather unusual for me. I usually have maybe two meetings in a month. This past week, I had three meetings scheduled (one was cancelled, thankfully). I'm not used to so many meetings. Just let me do my work and be on my way, thank you very much. Oh well. It's fine. 

Stormageddon started working on his Zearn math program this week. He's quite enjoying it, thankfully. He's definitely better at navigating the laptop at his age than I was. Although, to be fair, computers were not commonplace in classrooms, much less homes when I was his age. 





Aside from that, Stormageddon found some bugs and Little Man avoided the camera. He's getting to that age where he doesn't like me taking photos of him. So, expect less of him, I guess? 

Something I know I forgot to mention....this:




I can tell that you're wondering, "Renee, what the hell is that?" and that's a legitimate question. That, friends, is a burn on my right thigh. "How did you get a burn like that on your thigh?" Again, legitimate question. On occasion, we make fridge pickles in a HUGE Mason jar (seriously, it holds more than a gallon of liquid). Full-size pickling cucumbers, all the ingredients, our brine, and we stick it in the fridge. It takes a couple of weeks but then we have pickles. So, last weekend, I went to make a batch of fridge pickles with the cucumbers we grew out front. Everything was ready, in the jar, and our brine was just done boiling. Now, I've done this several times without issue, never spilling a drop....but I poured the brine into the jar, spilling some and the jar decided to explode, sending glass and boiling hot brine (which is an acid, mind you) all over me, the floor, and the counter. That burn was the worst of it. I have a couple of very minor smaller burns on my forearms and one near the back of my right knee. After I told Husband what happened, I hopped into the (cold) shower, fully clothed. I slathered Solarcaine and Neosporin on it when I got out, and that was all I could do. It didn't look too bad until Friday, when I got my underwear caught on it and it pulled the peeling layer off. ::sigh:: So, now it's at the crusty healing stage, which is good, but that also means it's getting itchy and it hurts and the hems of my shorts sit right on it and I can't wear long pants because they rub so, really, it's just at that annoying stage. 

Aside from that, Stormageddon decided his head was cold this week (!!) and he opened up the bin of hats and took one out. 




I made this hat quite awhile ago. It's nothing fancy, just a stockinette hat. The yarn was from Yarn Hollow and I bought it ages ago (seriously, I think I bought it in 2010). Little Man wore it, I've worn it, and now Stormageddon has worn it. He was quite proud of himself. 


I think that's about it from this corner of California. I'm going to have to wander off. Maybe I'll actually do some knitting this week. We'll see how things go. I hope you had a good week and weekend!

1 comment: