Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Can you hear the birdies sing? (Update #10)

Happy Sunday! I'm a bit behind today, which is fine. It's Sunday, afterall...not a big deal if I'm a little lagging on a Sunday!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021

As predicted, I finished up my Minecraft Socks for Little Man.....yesterday. They're currently hanging to dry but I did manage a few photos before I washed them. They are made in my size because Little Man's feet are just slightly smaller than mine and I figure if he doesn't destroy them, I can have them when he outgrows them (at least, until Stormageddon comes along and wants them). 


 

I used almost the entire skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock but there's still a little ball left. I'll add it to my partials collection and maybe I'll do something with it. Or not. 


 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021

With the Minecraft Socks being finished, my WIP list is down to a respectable twelve. Please laugh with me! You and I know that I'm going to wind up starting another something...probably a pair of Rose City Rollers as I've already picked out the yarn and now I have free needles. 

Aside from the Minecraft Socks, I didn't work on anything else this week. That's fine. I have reasons (in a mo').

 

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)
13. El Panal Cowl (Kit from Greenwood Fiberworks)


Children's Items
1. Flax for Stormageddon (Stunning String Legacy Worsted)
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Random worsted/sport skeins
4. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
So. This week was somewhat unproductive. I woke up Monday morning and I couldn't raise my right arm (which is my primary upper limb). It hurt. Brushing my hair was not pleasant. Showering was not pleasant. Nothing was pleasant except not moving it. And even that sucked. No bruising, no swelling, no nada nothing. No idea what's going on. It's been almost a week and it's still painful but at least I have most of my range of motion back. I've had trouble with my right shoulder for 25 years and no doctor actually wants to know what's going on in there (whyyyyyyy?!) so I emailed my doctor last Monday and said it was time to see what was happening, meaning MRI and none of this PT crap (I've had PT several times over the years and while it helps in the immediate short term, it does nothing long-term). So far, no response. ::sigh:: She did respond to my email about scheduling a sleep study, though. That's scheduled for April 1st. 
 
In other news, Little Man finished his California Mission Project (and paper) and turned it on Friday. You can see some of the others that were turned in, as well. He's super proud of it and of himself. The funny thing is that because we were constrained by the 3D print, his wound up being a lot smaller than some of the other ones. It also meant we had some trouble with things like the graves in the cemetery. They definitely were not to scale!
 

 
 
Little Man was also busy building a pizzeria in our backyard. I love my creative kid. I'm not entirely sure where he got the idea but he's called it Lucky's Pizzeria and he hung a chair on the wall? Oh, and he and Stormageddon made a humanoid thing out of pool noodles and duct tape. I think it was sitting in the chair at one point.
 


 
 
Stormageddon is getting ready for a bit switch this week. With Hybrid starting and my boys remaining in Distance Learning, Stormageddon had to switch teachers/classrooms as his teacher is heading back to the classroom. He's sad about the change but I think he'll be okay. Thankfully he knows at least two of the kids in his class, which will help. He spent Thursday and Friday working on getting caught up and I spent part of those days trying to familiarize myself with the new routine and rules and all of that. We'll see how things go. He was really into his science lessons this week. We were working on how marbles move and making a marble run (again).
 

 
 
Puppy had his annual vet appointment this week, as well. He was due for shots (I think four, total). He was a bit lazy that night. He hopped up in the bed with me and just fell asleep. Silly Puppy. 


 
Other than that, things have been fairly quiet around here. The boys have two weeks of school and then spring break for two weeks. I have no idea what we're going to do other than a lot of Lego building and being lazy. We'll see how things go. 

I hope you've all had a lovely week and weekend!

 

3 comments:

  1. Great socks and I love your plan (to take over the socks - hee hee). I always have a pair of socks on the needles so I understand the desire to make sure you always have a sock project going on.

    Good luck with your shoulder/arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those minecraft socks. I hope you do get them as hand me downs one day. Only 12 wips. Lol. Get busy casting on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a mission finish! Well done on the Minecraft socks.

    ReplyDelete