Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Who has a dollar? (Update #11)

Happy Sunday! I'm running a bit behind but that's okay. I suppose that means I'm going to lose a dollar? Day late, dollar short. Oh well. Let's get going!


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021

Unsurprisingly, nothing new has been finished. I've got the Minecraft Socks soaking, again, as Little Man wore them almost immediately after he received them. ::sigh:: It's fine. At least he knew enough to keep them separate from his regular laundry!

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021
13. Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021

As predicted, I started another pair of socks, specifically another pair of Rose City Rollers. They only use about 50 g of yarn so I don't feel so bad. I'm using up some leftover sock yarn from Creatively Dyed Yarn. They're neon green and I lurve the color. I'm going to pause before I do the toes, just in case I don't have enough yarn. I did weigh it and I should have enough but we'll see. So far, I'm only on the cuff of the first sock. But they'll go much quicker than normal socks so I've got that going for me. 

Other than that, I didn't work on anything else this past week. Oh well.


OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)
13. El Panal Cowl (Kit from Greenwood Fiberworks)


Children's Items
1. Flax for Stormageddon (Stunning String Legacy Worsted)
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Random worsted/sport skeins
4. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
 
 
This past week, Stormageddon started in a new classroom with a new teacher. He's done quite well with the whole transition, to be honest. However, he definitely misses his "old" teacher and his friends from that classroom. It helped that five others moved to his new classroom along with him, to remain in Distance Learning. He did have me send an email to his "old" teacher, telling her that he misses her and that he has his first wiggly tooth!
 
I've been thinking for awhile that it was strange that he was 6.5 years old and didn't have a wiggly tooth or anything going on. On Monday, I asked to see his mouth and lo, I found two adult teeth growing in behind his baby teeth. And the one tooth is not wiggly but the other one is. We're due for a trip to the dentist anyway so I scheduled that (for April). 
 
 
 
We also had a nasty storm roll through earlier this week. We actually had hail. I took video of it because it doesn't hail here in general, and especially not in March. But we had hail. You can see it accumulated on our patio chair. 


 
 
The boys were a bit fascinated and Little Man took a collection in his hand and brought it into the house.  It's not like they've never seen ice before or anything but I don't know that they've ever really seen hail. 

We also got our garden going this week. We bought a couple of those little starter pods where you add water and make mini greenhouses. We have two different kinds of lettuce, cucumbers, dill, sweet peppers, squash, sunflowers, eggplant, broccoli, and cauliflower. Husband did a 24-hour timelapse with one of his cameras and the boys watched it. They loved seeing the cucumbers go right toward the sun when it came up in the morning. 

 
 
 
Some of our plants have already outgrown their little pods in the mini greenhouses. I repotted the cucumbers pods (there were six of those) and the three sunflowers that had sprouted. I'm going to probably have to some more repotting soon as some of the cauliflower, broccoli, and dill have sprouted up, as well as some of the squash but I might be able to wait another week on those. 
 
 
 
 
Stormageddon read me one of his Elephant & Piggie Biggie books (it's a collection of five Elephant & Piggie books) all by himself this week. He was so proud of himself. He and I sat on his bedroom floor while he read to me. 



 
By the time Friday rolled around, we were very ready for the weekend. I received an email from one of Little Man's teachers telling me he was missing a bunch of his science work. The thing is, he did the reading and watched the videos and was able to participate in classes but he hadn't done any of the written work. So, we've got the rest of this week to complete that. It shouldn't be a big deal if we do 1-2 every day, in addition to his other work. 
While I was busy trying to sort out that mess, I left Stormageddon in his speech therapy class. He decided to get his playdough out, which isn't normally a big deal....but this one he has had near his mouth, blowing hot sticky air on it...so the playdough was sticky. All over his work, stuck to his desk, stuck to his hands (which is how I found out)....so not happy. 
 
Bottom line: Friday morning was rough. But we made it through to the weekend. And then we made the boys do some manual labor to earn extra time on their iPads/video games. Last spring or summer, we rented a wood chipper and lopped the tops off the trees in the backyard and turned them to mulch. Well, we decided to put the mulch to some good use in the backyard. So, the boys and I filled the buckets and Husband dumped the buckets in the appropriate areas. Unfortunately, we ran out of mulch and wound up buying 14 bags of red mulch from Lowe's, so it doesn't match at all....but right now, we really don't care. We might do the rest but we'll see how things go.

 
 
Later in the afternoon, Stormageddon drew me pictures of all his Plants VS Zombies characters. He started out with the sunflower and then he did a pea shooter and then a repeater and I don't know what all else he drew. He's not normally one for drawing so I needed to document the occasion. He actually added more after I took the photo. I kind of like that he's starting to do things like this on his own. He resisted it for so long (unlike his brother, who took to drawing like a fish in water).


 
 
Little Man preferred to relax in Husband's chair with Puppy for a bit. They are buddies so Puppy was more than happy to sit with him...but he wouldn't look at me for a picture so Little Man was holding his head. He wanted to lick Little Man's pants for some reason (I don't even know...my dog is weird, yo). 




Thus ends this messy week. I'm hoping this next week is better. Stupid daylight savings messing with my sleep schedule. ::sigh:: 

I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a busy week - I'm worn out reading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness a busy week. What's the expression - when it rains it....hails? I am glad to hear your son found it so interesting - it is cool - ice pellets - especially where you live. Here it is unusual but not unheard of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, that playdoh, LOL. Silly Stormageddon. I hope my kids have hybrid learning at least; the district is still trying to make it official for kids to go back to campus.

    ReplyDelete