Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, March 22, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - One more week! I need a vacation! (Update #12)

So, I started working on this post yesterday...and then life happened. It's now Monday and here I am....late.....again. ::sigh::

 

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021

I finished spinning and plying the alpaca this past week. I still have a teensy bit left to Andean-ply from one bobbin but the main part is finished, which gives me rights to claim it as finished. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit it all onto one bobbin so I wound up having to ply onto a second bobbin. In the end, the first bobbin had about 104 yds and the second had maybe 34 yds. I'm thinking I started with probably 4 oz of fiber to begin with and if that's the case, this is probably a heavy worsted/Aran weight yarn. My only complaint is that alpacas are dusty animals and even though this had been cleaned and processed prior to me buying it, it was still dusty fiber to work with. I wound up soaking both skeins at least four times and the water still had a slightly brownish cast to it, even after the fourth soak. But it's done, washed, and has been wound into skeins (waiting on a label). So, that's delightful.

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021

Honestly, I did not do much knitting this week. I spent most of my crafting time spinning and plying the alpaca. I did work a couple rows on the Sand Drift Blanket yesterday and Friday night, I finished the cuff, heel flap, and heel turn on the first Rose City Roller. Husband and I had about five hours of TV/movie consumption so I was able to do that during the movie. We watched the first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier (which was delightful) and then we watched the Zach Snyder cut of The Justice League, which was so much better than the dribble that was put out originally. That allowed me ample knitting time where I was able to get to the gusset heel decreases. But that was honestly about it. 



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)
13. El Panal Cowl (Kit from Greenwood Fiberworks)


Children's Items
1. Flax for Stormageddon (Stunning String Legacy Worsted)
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Random worsted/sport skeins
4. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
 
 
California is the same as it's ever been. Husband and I found out we are now both eligible for the Covid vaccine buuuuuuuut we doubt we'll be getting in anytime soon. We both filled out the form through our insurance company and they said that they'll contact us once we can try to get appointments. Let me just roll my eyes. I know it will happen someday soon enough but right now, it just seems a bit like a fairy tale. I know plenty of people that have had theirs, which is always a good thing. 
 
Aside from that, not much else is happening. Stormageddon's tooth is still wiggly. He's wiggling several times a day, which is perfectly fine. It's going to come out one of these days. His other tooth is still mostly still. Oh well.
 
Little Man is still a little behind in his science class. He has a couple of lessons to work on, which we'll get done this week. He watched all the videos and read everything...he just didn't do any of the work that he needed to "turn in." So he was able to participate and all that, and he understood what was going on...but nothing to show for it. Thankfully we're almost caught up. 
 
Husband is still working on his Mandolorian costume parts. I cannot tell you how many times he has made and remade and reremade the helmet, parts of the armor, the blaster, the Tuskin Raider blaster, and so on and so forth. He's happy doing it so I guess it's not all bad. There is a lot of plastic on the floor, however. Sweeping happens a lot more often because the Roomba cannot handle it. Oh well. 
 
The only other major things to happen this week were visiting a friend while the boys and I went on a walk. She had her first vaccination the other day (woot woot!). 

 
 
 
This is how tall the Tuskin Raider thing was for Husband's Mandolorian costume. So, I guess you could say that the boys are for scale? Unfortunately, where he glued the pieces...some of the paint got in there and it rendered the glue useless. So, he's back to doing it another way, I guess. 
 

 
 
Husband also made an iPhone mount for our roommate's phone. Once in awhile, he wants to take photos of his food where he can manipulate things without moving his phone around, hence the mount. He's a professional chef so taking photos of his food is for a reason. It's not like the crap I do where I take photos and just show it off. He does the fancy thing. I do the "OMG I MADE GOOD FOOD" thing. 
 


 
I also managed to screw up my back really good yesterday. The boys and I went on a walk and while we were out, I walked on a crack and my ankle started to do the "I'm going to roll on you and hurt" thing and in trying to catch my balance, my back decided it was a good time to crunch on me. So, I'm in quite a bit of pain today. Getting up and down has now been fun. 
 
On the upside, Mister Softee was on our street last night so Little Man and I waited in line to get ice cream for us. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! I'm going to wander off :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you hurt your back. That can take a long time to recover. I feel your pain on waiting for a shot. The consequence of wintering in Florida is that as soon as we return to Ohio next week EVERYONE is eligible for shots meaning it will be a long time before my husband and I will find an appointment. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you will do with your new spun wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, ankle AND back!?!?!?! Wow. Hope you are feeling better soon! Being a mother of similarly aged children, its next to impossible to be able to rest your body appropriately!

    Awesome job with all the spinning!
    Your watch list is a lot like ours. Once we finish up Black Sails, back to the Marvel and DC universes. We watched Doom Patrol, and it was honestly one of my favorite series; the self-deprecating humor is on point.

    ReplyDelete