Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Spring Break is finally here! (Update #13)

Happy Sunday! I'm writing this from the comfort of my bed, post-breakfast. Let's see what's happening!



FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021

Nothing new has been finished. I'm okay with this. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021

I'm still sitting at a "respectable" twelve WIPs.....but that's only because I haven't started the two or three projects for which I have yarn pulled and bagged up, with needles and a pattern in mind. No, seriously, I have three new projects on the horizon. I have the El Panal Cowl ready to go, with needles, yarn wound and color progression decided. I also have another set of Rose City Rollers ready to go using some scraps from a hand dyed project and some leftover Wollmeise that go well together. And a stripey Flax sweater for Stormageddon. 

But in "projects I actually worked on," I worked a little bit on the Sand Drift Blanket. I ordered the missing yarn, which should be helpful. When my friend ordered the kit from Purl Soho, they were out of one of the colors and she skipped it, in favor of getting two balls of each of the colors they did have (two of the colors were only supposed to be one skein each and she got two of those to "replace" the missing color). Soooooo, I ordered the missing colors now that they're available. We'll see how that goes. 

I also worked on the Rose City Rollers that I do have going. I've finished up the heel gusset decreases so now it's just working down the foot. I'm going to stop before I start doing the toe, just to make sure I have enough yarn for the second sock. I should but I'll do a weigh-in when I get to that point. If not, I have an idea for what I can do for contrasting toes. It'll be fine.

Other than that, I've not touched anything. I mean, I went through my bag of partials this week but that was only for planning purposes. And I got rid of a couple things, which is always good.

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)
13. El Panal Cowl (Kit from Greenwood Fiberworks)


Children's Items
1. Flax for Stormageddon (Stunning String Legacy Worsted)
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Random worsted/sport skeins
4. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
So, last week I said something about how both Husband and I are eligible for the Covid vaccine but it would probably take weeks to find appointments and all that. Yeah, about that......I was wrong. Husband is going in tomorrow for his first and I'm going on Wednesday. The only caveat is that we have to drive up to Napa (because that's where we found appointments through our insurance). That's not a huge deterrent. The boys are on Spring Break so getting to our first appointments isn't an issue. The second (if we have something other than the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) will be a little more difficult to schedule but it can be done. So, hooooray for that.

Like I mentioned, the boys are on Spring Break until they go back on 12 April. We have no plans, other than the vaccinations. Stormageddon wants to go to the beach and we might be able to make that happen. We'll see how things go. The thing is, even as vaccination rates go up, we're still in a pandemic and people are being caviler and downright careless. So going out to public places where there are people (ew) is still a little......concerning. If I could find a secluded area, I might do it. Maybe a little hike in the hills. I don't know. We'll figure it out. 
 
The boys turned into monkeys this past week. Our roommate took this photo of them, climbing on the back deck railing. ::sigh:: 
 
 
 
 
There was also some delightful food happening in our house. I made a veggie fried rice the other night. It had carrots, peas, snap peas (in the pods), broccoli, bok choy, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice, and an egg or two. It was pretty good, considering I'd never made it before. 
 

 
 
We also got our hands on some Mister Softee ice cream. The truck came by and Little Man said his friends have all raved about it so we got some. It was pretty good. Husband and I had banana splits, Little Man had an Oreo sundae, and Stormageddon had a chocolate sundae. The banana splits were huge and I wound up saving probably half of mine for the next day.
 
 
 
I would love to say that this was Stormageddon's face after ice cream but I'd be lying. It's his face after a chocolate-filled Cadbury Creme Egg. Apparently he was trying to wear it? I don't even know. But he's cute. 
 

 
 
His tooth is still wiggly. It's so ready to come out but he's not ready. Also, the Tooth Fairy doesn't have any cash right now. She'll have to remedy that soon. Like really soon.
 
Husband has been doing some printing for planting things. He made this little self-watering starter seed thing. We'll see how it works. So far, nothing is poking through. He also made larger self-watering containers for peppers. They're currently in one of the bathrooms with grow lights. We'll see how that goes. We may have a better spot but we've not gotten there yet.



There isn't much else happening around here, to be honest. We did some work in the backyard yesterday. We have an area by our hot tub that just does not want to grow grass. We have been trying for years. So, we decided to put pavers down and do a gravel infill between them. So, we got that set up yesterday. We do need to give it some time to see if we have any adjustments to make with leveling or filling, but otherwise, that was finished yesterday. I don't have any photos, though. Oh well.


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend. I'm going to wander off.

4 comments:

  1. I thought of you (and others) as my daughter, who doesn't knit, asked me this weekend how I can stand to have 3 projects going at the same time. I told her I was a Piker compared to some other knitters. I have to admit more than about 4 WIPS starts to stress me out so I'm fairly monogamous with only a sweater/top and a pair of socks going. Course there is the prayer shawl - now a baby blanket that I don't count and.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an area outside of our back gate that was just mud and refused to grow. We put pavers and gravel down... now its spouting grass from between the pavers!
    What a brilliant use of 3-D printing! Is there anything that CAN'T be printed?? I've seen printed crochet hooks, a huge Transformers Matrix (my spouse ordered it for himself a few months ago), prosthetic hands limbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear your vaccines are not too far off. I hear you about people being cavalier. Yes the vaccines are happening but our numbers are still going up and up. Best to stay clear of crowds is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike having so many WIPS. My husband had driven me all the way to Antioch so I could get my shot. Thankfully the second one will be near you.

    ReplyDelete