Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - August...August?! (Update #31)

 Happy Sunday! Happy August (when did that happen?!)! Happy let's get going!



FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021

I didn't finish any full projects this week but I did manage to finish a sock...but I'll talk about that in the next section :) 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021

As I mentioned above, I managed to finish a sock this week. I finished the first Rose City Roller sock and I started the second. I'm actually working in the heel gusset decreases already, which means I not only started it, I finished the 20 rounds of the cuff, did the heel flap & turn, and started down the foot. Also, I did the heel flap & turn and the start of the decreases while under the influence.  


The yarn is discontinued Collinette Jitterbug. The needles are Addi Turbos (I think - I know they're Addis). The jar I'm drinking from was from Lady Dye Yarns. I bought a kit from her a few years ago (Basic Fingerless Mitts) and the kit came in this jar. It's kind of perfect. Obviously I'm much further along than when I took this photo but still, it's a photo. 

Aside from that, I pulled out Stormageddon's Flax sweater and worked on that. I think the last time I mentioned it, I had stopped working on the body in favor of working on the sleeves (so I wouldn't have to do something funky with the dyelots and have sleeves that didn't match). So, my sleeves are almost caught up to the same point as the body, which is good. I do need to find the third ball of the blue yarn so I can start incorporating it into the body without too much fuss. I might have already pulled it out. I'll have to look. If not, I'm going to be digging in the yarn closet, which is still a hot mess right now. ::sigh:: I'll get there. 

But that's it, I swear!



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...
4. Mittens for my grandmother (worsted, purple...she loves purple)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
California continues to be California. The weather has been decent but the boys still insist on playing on their devices far too often. Then again, Little Man wanted to go on a walk yesterday, which we did do eventually.

Puppy has been a snugglebug lately. He just wants to sit by me. Little Man actually slept on the couch for a couple of nights because he wanted to sleep with Puppy and he can't because his bed is up too high. He's kind of turning into a grumpy old Puppy but that's fine. He'll still run around with the boys, which is good.




Husband got some new fancy filament to print with on the 3D printer. Previously, he made me a Volkswagen Fast in plain black filament. He decided he wanted to print one that would change color in the heat/cold. So, he printed another one. It starts out as a dark green, moves to orange, and eventually to a bring yellow-green.

Here it is mid-change. You can still see some of the dark green on the lower left. The original black one is next to it.



Then there's the full effect. It's really bright. Stormageddon was fascinated with it. These photos were taken probably 45 minutes apart while the car was parked at Costco last week. It started turning colors once I had the car running because of the air conditioning.


 
 

The only other thing that happened this past week was that my new glasses arrived from Zenni. I ordered two pairs with high index plastic lenses and a couple of cases and I think I paid $125 for everything, including shipping. Normally, glasses run me $200-$250 beyond the $200 our insurance pays for one pair. So, this is definitely a good deal. 
 
 


Yuuuup. Just another week here in California. We'll see how this next week turns out. Until then....

 

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts.thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids loooove their devices too, no matter how beautiful the weather! That colour changing filament is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am impressed with you doing the heel of the RCR while under the influence. I normally have to tink back several rows if my wine has gone to my head while knitting. LOL Your puppy looks so nice and calm. How old is he? Love the new glasses you got. What a great price you got for them too! I may look into Zenni when I get my eyes checked next year. That is even better than what I pay at Costco when they have their sale and with my insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband is creative.

    ReplyDelete