Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Last week of freedom! (Update #32)

Happy Sunday! I suppose it's time to get my days figured out. School starts on Thursday....I think. Let's get going.

 


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021

Nothing new to see here. Move along now, sir. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021

I mentioned last week that I started the second of the Rose City Rollers...and I've made significant progress since then. I'm at least halfway down the foot, which means I've done the heel flap & turn as well as all the heel gusset decreases. So, that's exciting. I might have a new pair of socks soon. Again.

I also made a good amount of progress on Stormageddon's Flax sweater. I've "mixed in" the different dyelot of the blue yarn so I can continue working on my way down the body and sleeves. I need to look at the directions again and measure to figure out if I'm ready for the next part of the directions. I'll get there. 

Sadly, I did have a mishap this week with my knitting. I was knitting along on Stormageddon's Flax and my needle broke right off the cable (16" fixed circular). I didn't panic. I picked up all the stitches. I found another needle of the same size, possibly a 24" instead, and moved on with my life. I definitely wasn't happy, though.



Other than that, I didn't touch anything regarding fibery things except to move them about. Oops. It's fine. Everything is fine. 



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...
4. Mittens for my grandmother (worsted, purple...she loves purple)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
This was the boys' last full week of freedom before school starts. I wish I could say we did all the things but really, that didn't happen. Our roommate moved out on Tuesday, with my help & vehicle. He moved just a couple miles up the road but we probably made 10 trips back and forth between the house and his new apartment. There were some stairs involved, too. I'm still feeling it in my legs and back. I suppose it could be worse. 

We tried to wash the carpet in back with our regular, consumer-grade carpet shampooer. Yeah, that didn't work. So, we rented one of the big Rug Doctors from the store for a day and tried that. Yeah, that didn't work either. So, we have to replace the carpet and we're not happy about it. We're putting in some hardwood laminate because it's kind of an odd room. It's classified as a bonus room. There's no closet but there's a back entrance, it's own furnace system, and there's a bathroom back there. 
 
In addition to trying to wash the rugs, we also painted the ceiling and walls. We did that after we decided we were going to replace the flooring, so we didn't care if paint was spilled on the carpet (which it was). The boys helped a bit. 
 
 



It's amazing what a coat of paint will do to a room. 

Oh, it gets better. We had to take down all the curtains. The intent was to just wash them and hang them back up....except they were cheap curtains that hadn't been washed since we put them up 8 years ago. They basically got melted together and stunk like hell. To the garbage they went......except then they didn't.
 



 
Halloween decorations start early around here. Husband and Little Man made a headless horseman out of some scrap lumber (from the bed frame from the back room), a horse mask stuffed with bubble wrap, some clothes we found at Goodwill, a 3D printed lantern, some PVC pipes, and those nasty curtains I mentioned above for stuffing in the pants and under the shirt. The best part is that after Halloween, we can throw everything out (except the lantern and probably the horse head mask). 

I suppose the only other enlightening thing that happened this week was that I had my second crown put in. ::sigh:: It's really not that exciting. I had the root canal a couple weeks ago, then had to wait like five days to get the temporary crown put in, then had to wait almost another two weeks for the permanent one to show up. But it's done.

Tomorrow, Husband starts his new job and I work on getting the boys back onto a school schedule. I washed all the masks today so they'll be dry by Thursday. I need to get them to find their backpacks and lunchboxes. We need to figure out a few random things. And then all is well.

Anyway, that's enough out of me. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

5 comments:

  1. It must be nice to have you house back to just the 4 of you and puppy. I hope your boys have a good school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with back to school!! We start next week, and I'm in the same boat as you (trying to get back into a SCHEDULE).

    I always get bummed when my needles fail me, its SO inconvenient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy weekend! Glad the busted needle incident wasn't too difficult to fix. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy weekend, I love the headless horseman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were super busy. The room looks great.

    ReplyDelete