Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 16, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Happy Blogiversary (tomorrow)! (Update #33)

Happy Monday! The weekend 100% got away from me and, frankly, I have more time to do this on Mondays now that the boys are back in school. With that said, let's get going!



FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021
12.
Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021; finished 12 August 2021

I finished up the latest pair of Rose City Rollers. 


 

I had some Collinette Jitterbug leftovers from another sock project and it was the perfect amount for these socks so, you know, flippityjippity or something. This was pre-wash so my stitches might still be a little wonky. Regardless, I finished them, which is delightful. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Zombies: started 13 August 2021

As predicted, I started another pair of socks, specifically another pair of Rose City Rollers. I'm using leftovers of Canon Hand Dyes Charles Self-Striping Sock in "Christmas Zombie" (leftover from my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts) and some leftover Shalimar Yarn Breathless in "Concord Grape" (leftover from Sweet Girl's Hippo that I made ages ago). The purple will likely just be for the toes. 

In addition to that, I also pulled out my granny squares, finished another one, and started a new one. I could tell I hadn't worked on it in awhile because I almost forgot how to start a new one and almost had to look up a video. Thankfully, my brain got on board and I was able to get going on the new one. 



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...
4. Mittens for my grandmother (worsted, purple...she loves purple)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
As I mentioned last week, the boys started school this week, in person. To be honest, I'm still not loving the idea of the boys being back in person, regardless that our county is at 90.7% vaccination rate for all those eligible (12+ years old). I know there are plenty of idiots out in the world. But, there's not a lot I can do about it unless I want to pull them from the district entirely and homeschool them, which, while in my wheelhouse, is not something I want to do. 
 
 

 
Their first day was on Thursday. Stormageddon's mask broke so he wound up getting a new one. On Friday morning, poor kid got a spontaneous bloody nose because why not? It's only like the second bloody nose he's ever had. And then, after we got home from school, I couldn't find his lunchbox. Turns out some kids were being little jerks and took his lunchbox and were hitting him during lunch. To say I was upset was an understatement. I emailed his teacher to see if she could find the lunchbox (she did, thankfully) plus I emailed the principal after calling the school (she called back). And this morning I talked to one of our paraeducators and she told me she had already talked to the principal & his teacher and that she'd be keeping an extra eye on him. The kid is six years old and I get that this is likely the first year in an actual classroom for a lot of them but, seriously, it's ridiculous. Thankfully, he knows he has friends around him.

I really hope he has a better day today (I pick him up in a few hours). I felt so bad for him. We actually spent the weekend trying to track down the same lunchbox (even though his teacher did find his), just in case. It's good to have an extra around anyway. We also got him a special water bottle, just for him, which he was super excited about. Husband was bullied as a kid so he's extra sensitive to our kids when things like this happen.

Yesterday (Sunday) we made a lot of pickles. I think we wound up with something like 12-14 pints and 6-8 quarts of pickle spears from our cucumbers. We had more cucumbers but we had run out of jars. And there are more growing on the vines outside. So. Many. Cucumbers! 


 

 
These are what we started with. I think the bowl on the right/top only had a couple taken from there before we ran out of jars. Thankfully, I know some people that like cucumbers so I don't think we'll have an issue offloading them. 

Husband started his new job last Monday. So far, it's been a lot of HR videos and meetings and filling out paperwork. We'll see how things go. The new flooring will be going in within the next couple of weeks, which will help. We also adulted and bought a theater seat couch with the recliners. This is our first major furniture purchase, which isn't to say that we've never bought furniture before. Obviously we have. But usually it's Ikea, which has done us well, but we wanted something specific for the theater space so we spent the money and bought what we wanted. 

I went out for breakfast twice last week. Thursday we did our tradition of having mimosas on the first day of school. I don't have that photo, however. On Friday, another one of my mom friends didn't have to be to work til later so we went for coffee and breakfast burritos at Philz.

 

I'm also a little late today because I'm a teensy bit hungover. I went to another friends' house last night (three blocks away) and we had wine. Now, it's not like I had a whole bottle but the issue is that we started out with this:


This is almost like drinking Boone's Farm. Like, it's a little more "sophisticated" than that but it's still really easy to drink because it's like drinking juice. And then we switched to a dry red wine of some sort. I think that was the issue. The combination of the two and not enough water. Oh, and then I didn't sleep all that well because Puppy was up and down and up and down. Clearly he's not ready for bed sleeping yet. ::sigh::


Anyway, I hope you had a lovely weekend! My blogiversary is tomorrow and I've got nothing planned. Oh well. Woot woot!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Blog! Woot woot indeed. That sucks about your little guy getting bullied on the first day of school - I hope the teacher and principal get it sorted. You have lots going on, and I am glad you got to cut loose a little with mimosas and wine. You only live once, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose City Rollers are just a vanilla anklet with no ribbing for the cuff right? The pattern is no longer available. I know The Crazy Sock Lady in one of her videos on sock knitting commented that shortie socks don't have to have a ribbed cuff but that simple stockinette rows with a stretchy bindoff results in a rolled cuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's basically all it is. I think I knit 20 rounds in stockinette before I do my heel flap & turn and decreases and such. It's nothing fancy. You could do a ribbed one, too, but they may not sit as well in your shoe, which is why I do the stockinette.

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary. Didn't like reading about the little one being messed with. It seems he wasn't too traumatized so that's a good thing and hopefully those kids leave him alone.

    ReplyDelete