Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 23, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Mondays may be the new thing (Update #34)

Hello and happy Monday! I feel like Mondays are going to be the new thing for posting. I just have more time to post on Mondays with the boys in school. Now, that may not always be true but for right now, it's true. 

Let's get going and see what's happening!


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021
12.
Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021; finished 12 August 2021

This week, I did not finish a full project....I did finish half a project but that doesn't quite count (though it counts for Stash Dash in this case). So, nada is new here but there's actual progress coming up!

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Zombies: started 13 August 2021

As I said above, I do have a half-finished object this week. I finished up the first of my Vanilla Socks on Wednesday during the Back to School Night meetings (all via Zoom, which was nice in that I could just stay here and not have to people). During the first meeting, I finished up the toe decreases and during the second meeting, I Kitchenered the toe and rewound my yarn because it was loosey goosey and driving me bonkers. And then I had to wind it again because it was wound backwards from what I was doing, which isn't a big deal but I did it anyway. It's fine now and I've started the second sock. 

I also made some progress on the latest pair of Rose City Rollers. I finished up the heel flap and turn of the first sock (from memory). I managed to forget a SSK or P2tog so I fudged it. It'll be fine. I'm not that fussed about it, to be honest. 

I thought about the Flax sweater but I didn't actually pull it out. Maybe this week. We'll see how things play out. 



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...
4. Mittens for my grandmother (worsted, purple...she loves purple)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
Here in California, things are kind of normalish around here. The boys are back in school, which means I have a bunch of "free" time to myself in the mornings as Husband is working in his back office. Of course, I've been doing some leisurely things but I've also been doing the "normal" things I would do during the week. I'll probably do some laundry today, I ran to the post office already to send out some Etsy orders, I did a grocery delivery order, and dishes. There are plenty of other things I can do, too (including knitting and reading). 

Of course, Covid is still a thing and we're still dealing with it. There has been an uptick in new cases because of schools opening. Last week, there were 4 new cases among students in the district. There are now 12 new cases among students as of this morning. None of them are in the boys' school, thankfully, but it's only a matter of time unfortunately. Buuuut, vaccination for the 5-11 year olds is on the horizon and the Pfizer vaccine was FDA-approved today. So, hopefully we can keep this mess away from us for a good, long time. 

Other than that, not a whole lot has been happening, which is kind of nice. 
 
Little Man is almost 11 years old but he still likes to snuggle on occasion. The other day, Husband got hold of him and I got this photo. 
 

 
 
We are, of course, walking back and forth to school. We see a bunch of wildlife on our way, mostly outdoor kitties but we also see some of the neighborhood dogs, butterflies, caterpillars, snails, lizards, and the occasional snake. Some of the kitties are feral and will not come near people. There's a whole house that we refer to as "the Kitty house" because they feed and otherwise take care of the neighborhood ferals (capture, vaccinate/fix, release). We have been trying to coax this one, Bentley, for several years. He's not feral but he only tends to go to his own people. We finally coaxed him out the other day for some pets. Stormageddon was elated. He loves all the kitties.




Have I ever mentioned that my children are little goofballs? We were busy making all the fishie faces the other day (either Saturday or yesterday). Stormageddon caught on earlier than Little Man. Little Man's first fish face wasn't until he was 6 or 7 years old. Stormageddon was able to do it around 3 years old. They're old pros now, of course. But I wanted proof of that. 



 
I originally tried to get one of all of us but I couldn't hold the camera and take the photo at the same time. I'm not good at long selfies. ::sigh:: Oh well. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

 

4 comments:

  1. Any progress is good progress in my book, especially with back-to-school week. Hope you and all your boys stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY 🎉 for Etsy orders! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your updates - Monday is an excellent day to post imho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find myself with more boring household tasks completed and less "fun" stuff accomplished when the kids are back to school. Really, shouldn't it be the other way around!?!?!?

    Hope your back to school week went well. We are battling the morning routine (no, you can't play with your toys until you are dressed and ready to walk out the door) here.

    I bet with all the partial progress on those 2 pairs of socks, we'll be seeing a FO update soon!

    ReplyDelete