Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, September 25, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - It will all iron out in the end, right? (Update #39)

Happy Sunday! It's an overcast, damp day here in Southern Wisconsin, which is kind of perfect for writing this post, right?


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022
2.
Herbivore: started 15 November 2018; finished June 2022
3.
Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022; finished 25 August 2022
4. Venskab (test knit): started 12 September 2022; finished 16 September 2022
5.
Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021; finished 17 September 2022 

Nope. Nothing new this week. Close but not yet. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
10. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
11. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
12. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
13. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
14. Baby Blanket: started 4 September 2022

Most of my time this week was spent working on the Baby Blanket. Because I may or may not write the pattern, I've been keeping track of my rows. I finished up the middle section yesterday, which is really just a large block of color. So, I have a scant 24 rows left on the blanket. I expect that you'll see the finished product next week, as long as I actually work on it this week. 

In addition to that, I also spent some time on the Lakeline Tank. I'm still in the midst of Stockinette Hell, which is fairly mindless but I still have to pay attention because the yarn is somewhat splitty. I've had to go back here and there to fix stitches where I only managed to grab and knit a ply or two instead of the eight or so that are actually there. It's not a big deal but it can be kind of annoying when I just want to skirt a long on the project.

Aside from that, I found it scandalous that I only have one sock project in this list of WIPs. Seriously. Just one sock project! And it's a second sock! I may need to rectify that because I almost always have two or more going at once. Little Man did request a "blue pair" of socks so I'll have to see about that. His feet are HUGE though...like bigger than mine. I shouldn't complain as they're not as big as Husband's, but they're still bigger than mine. 

I don't necessarily need another WIP or two but, you know, only one pair are socks and that's just all kinds of wrong in my world. Sooooooooo.........yeah. That might happen. We'll see. 

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ

Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)*
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Bonbon for Miss C (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Vinci if possible)
8. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
9. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course...maybe a good use for the one skein of Molly Ringwald I have?)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else, but maybe?)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

I'd really love it if my children could be in school for an entire week. Like, that would be absolutely amazing. I wound up picking Little Man up from school early on Thursday morning this week after he started wheezing and having trouble breathing. Apparently some of the girls in his math class decided to go a bit overboard with their spray and his body reacted badly. They don't know the art of subtlety yet. So, I wound up taking him to the ER because he couldn't calm down and while his bronchial tubes and lungs were clear, he was still having trouble because it was in his nose and throat. ::sigh:: He has a follow up appointment tomorrow morning. It's likely he has asthma/allergies but we haven't tested him yet. Looks like that may be on the horizon. 

And then, after we got home, I got a call from Stormageddon's school because he fell off the bars and landed on his elbow. Nothing is broken but he was swelling up and had a nasty bruise. So, I brought him home early on Thursday, too. 

And because why not?, Little Man came home early on Friday, too. He got the hiccoughs so bad that he puked. 

I quit. Stick a fork in me.

At this point, they're both fine. I'd just like a do-over, please. And a week where I don't have to pick either one of them up early for some injury or illness. That'd be great. And maybe a week where I don't have to deal with it either.

Puppy is still limping around, though it is getting better. I think he just needs time to not be a dork. He also managed to eat some sort of sky raisin that stings as he had this goofy look on his face for a few days:



He was less than pleased as he couldn't close his mouth and I kept giving him Benadryl disguised as peanut butter (not that he knew - he just thought he was getting treats). He seems to be over that now. He's currently on the floor by the foot of the couch I'm sitting on, probably passed out. 

We had the electrician over on Thursday, to finish up some work. Husband and I also had some work to do. We moved our cell phone booster, which involved me standing on the counter and running the cord along the ceiling with cord management tacks. It wasn't difficult but I did have to stand on the counter, which made me kind of nervous. But, clearly it was fine and no one was injured while I was up there. 

Fall has officially hit around here. Like it was 85ºF on Monday and by Thursday, it had dropped down to 65ºF. Last night, we had a storm roll through, complete with thunder, lightning, and hail. We were driving home from town (we went out for Mexican) and I actually had to pull over because it was raining/hailing so hard that my wipers couldn't keep up. Thankfully that was fairly quick (less than 5 minutes) and we were able to get home without incident. But it was a little dicey and Stormageddon was a little scared in the back seat.

In addition to that, we have a bunch of walnut trees around the property and Little Man is interested in trying to acquire/gather them for consumption. I'm okay with that. I may attempt to dye with them, as well. I tried to open a couple up earlier this week and my hands are still dyed brown. I expect it makes a pretty good dye. I'll have to look into how to do that. I do have yarn to dye (and I know where to acquire more). And the bonus is that we can also have walnuts. 

Anyway, I suppose that's enough rambling. Here's a photo of the boys going nuts over some Pokemon cards Stormageddon got for his birthday.


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment