Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, October 29, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Oh my......it's a bit messy up in here. (Update #44)

Oh Sunday, I am in you. So hard. Let's get going!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022
2.
Herbivore: started 15 November 2018; finished June 2022
3.
Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022; finished 25 August 2022
4. Venskab (test knit): started 12 September 2022; finished 16 September 2022
5.
Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021; finished 17 September 2022
6. Baby Blanket: started 4 September 2022; finished 25 September 2022
7. Pattern for Baby Blanket: started 25 September 2022; finished 26 September 2022

Nope. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
10. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
11. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
12. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
13. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
14. Socks: started 28 September 2022
15. Colorfun Hat: started 7 October 2022
16. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022

There was not a lot of knitting this week. I always have this goal to work on it every day....and then I don't. ::sigh:: That's going to have to change for my sanity.

The Lakeline Tank is still growing, albeit slowly. Around and around in stockinette until I get to the right length. According to my pattern, the "right length" is 16" from the cast on before I split for the armholes...but I'll probably make it longer. I want to make sure it's going to cover my butt if I bend over. 

I think the only other project I worked on this week was the Colorfun Hat, and I'm still on the ribbing for that. I did bring it upstairs, which may help with actually working on it. 

And, of course, I started dreaming of my next project.....and who knows what that will be. 

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ

Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I have a small bin with all my "stuff to dye" in it)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

This was a rather strange week. The boys didn't have school on Thursday or Friday. I'm not entirely sure why, though the school calendar says Professional Development. No one was at school doing anything. Whatever. Not my circus, not my monkeys. 

On Monday, we had Little Man's IEP meeting. And we were prepared for a fight...and they were prepared for a fight....and we didn't actually have to fight about anything. It all seemed reasonable, there were some suggestions for additional scaffolds (like textbooks available in audio format for things like social studies and science), but there weren't any major issues that we disagreed on. And that was super helpful. 

On Wednesday, Little Man had a doctor appointment with the cardiologist. Now, don't panic or freak out. There's not actually anything wrong with him. With his metabolic disorder, one of the issues that can arise are heart issues. Because he's been asymptomatic, even while super sick, he doesn't need to be seen that often. We were last in cardiology 5 years ago. They want to see him back in 3 years this time around, because puberty. But otherwise, he was fine. I also had him get his flu shot, which knocked him down so he didn't wind up going back to school that day. 

We took the boys to a Trunk or Treat event in town on Thursday, just to do something different. It wasn't huge or anything but the boys put on their Halloween costumes and had fun. The local police department also has the most adorable baby German shepherd. Like the officer was holding her in his had and she was no bigger than a football (American or otherwise). Trying to explain to Stormageddon that she was going to be bigger than our dog was kind of hilarious. He just was not understanding it, even when he understood that he was getting bigger. 

Speaking of getting bigger....I needed an updated photo for my phone. So I have this one. Puppy is missing. He was lazing in a sunbeam. I swear he's part cat.






 

 

I think we're going to carve pumpkins later today. I think that's about all we have planned, honestly. That works for me. I did a bunch of laundry and cleaning yesterday. Maybe I'll actually work on something! 

I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You did have a busy week! The kids are getting so big! I hope you get to kick back a bit and do something for you. Glad Little Man is okay. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why little knitting was done as you were very busy! Glad the boys are OK and going strong.

    ReplyDelete