Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, January 23, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - I'm not sure adults were made to do this (Update #3)

Woo Monday! I am in you so let's get going. Sorry, I'm running a bit behind. My days are still all screwed up.


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022

I have a second finish for the year! I finished up the knitting on my New Years' Eve Cast On Hat on Friday. Now, this does not mean that I've woven in all the ends because I haven't...but the knitting is finished. I thought about weaving in the ends but a good chunk of them are black and it was at night and I just didn't want to do it. So, I didn't. I'll get there. 


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022

I suppose that means I'm back down to 15 respectable WIPs, now that I've finished another project. Aside from finishing that project, I worked a little bit on the dishcloth. I wound up frogging it and restarting it again. So, right now, it's got maybe a half-dozen rows. Maybe. I didn't like how it was looking, which is kind of par for the course on those. I never like how they look at the beginning. But, I restarted it so we'll see how it goes. I think I just need to close my eyes and get at least 10 rows done and then maybe I'll start believing that it'll come out the correct shape. I swear, I go through this every time I start one of these dishcloths: how is this going to possibly form a square/rectangle when I'm done? ::sigh:: 

Aside from that, I pulled out my Lakeline Tank and worked several rounds while Husband and I caught up on The Witcher over the weekend. I need to remeasure it one of these moments and decide if I'm ready to start the split for the arms yet. I'm hoping I'm almost to that point but I definitely need to measure first. 

But I swear, that's it.....though I really ought to be knitting/crafting far more than I do. 


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight, ~150 yds; Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
9. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
10. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

Little Man's hair has faded quite a bit, but it still has plenty of color. We will likely redo it in a few weeks. He's still happy with it. I'm going to call that a win. 

Last Monday, no one had anything so we went to a local indoor waterpark kind of place. It's not huge but it served us well. The four of us met up with one of Little Man's friends, his younger brother, and his mom (who is a friend of mine). Unfortunately, the little brother wound up coming down with strep on Tuesday. So far, we have avoided that. 

The adults spent a lot of time in the hot tub. It was needed and delightful. 

The rest of the week was fairly normal for me. Go to work, do my training, do some of my other job duties that I can fit in around my training, come home, do the things. The boys had early release on Friday. I'm not entirely sure why but I think it's because it was the end of the quarter so grades needed to get done. I was a little worried because he was failing health. He had a couple missing assignments that hadn't hit the gradebook. Turns out he was fine and wound up with an A in that class. So that was a delightful find today. Oh, and I did take myself to the chiropractor twice last week: Wednesday and Saturday. My shoulder is....less than pleased, shall we say. I don't know what I did but I suspect it has to do with how I sit at my desk at work. So, I'm trying out a few things...but in the meantime, chiropractor.

On Saturday, the four of us and some friends of ours (one of Husband's college friends and his daughter, who is about a year younger than Little Man) went to Tyrol Basin to go tubing....after I went to the chiropractor, of course. I'm still paying for it. But we had fun. It's not that far from our house, which is an added bonus. It wasn't terribly crowded for tubing (the ski & snowboard area is a whole other ball of wax - they were doing adaptive skiing lessons through the Madison School & Community Recreation program, a company I have worked for in the past and they're fabulous). We had hot chocolate and snacks while we were there, which also helped. And we built a fire in our fireplace when we got home, just as it should be. 

Other than that, not a whole lot has been happening. I haven't even bothered to take photos this week. I'm kind of shocked, myself. We'll see what this week brings. I feel like I need to make a consorted effort to take photos. It's fine, though. Some weeks will have more than others and we'll all just have to be okay with it. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment