Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, May 1, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - There has been no knitting. This is not the way! (Update #17)

Just like the title says....there has been no knitting and this is not the way. I'm not very happy about it, to be honest. But, here we are. 

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023

Nope. Keep moving.

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
16. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023

I already told you I haven't been knitting. And I haven't. And I'm quite grumpy about it.

But, that doesn't mean I didn't play with yarn. Because I did do some of that. However, it's nothing fancy. 

I've been asked to make another baby blanket. Because why not? Another one of Husband's coworkers had a baby, a girl, specifically. I have three skeins of a royal purple down in the yarn closet so whilst Little Man and I were out over the weekend, we stopped at Joann's and I picked up a skein of white. I'm hoping it doesn't bleed but it should be fine. 

So. That happened. And I may or may not have picked up some googly eyes. Yes, I am 12. Or something. Don't ask.

 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
6. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
7. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
8. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
9. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see how that goes.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

We've actually had kind of a busy week around here. First of all, we're doggie sitting for my in-laws.


 

So this is Miss Willow. She's a golden retriever and she is in need of a bath. But she's a good girl, for the most part. She does like to beg and she's not been eating very well. I suspect the two are related. My in-laws dropped her off on Thursday and I think they're gone until Saturday or Sunday this week. I'm not entirely sure. 

In addition to that, on Wednesday, this happened:





The first three of these photos are from our neighbor's property, just south of us, including the photo of the fire department getting stuck in the creek. It's a recurring issue around here. The last photo is from our property. 

Now, before you freak out, this was a control burn and we had one of the local fire departments out to do the work. We paid them in New Glarus Spotted Cow, which is a local beer that cannot be purchased outside the state of Wisconsin. 

The next morning, we saw this:

It didn't come down as far on the west side of the creek (which is the right side in the photo) but they got most of what we wanted to burn. We do have a spot that needs some attention (the big, unburned spot in the above photo) but it was good, for the most part. 

Oh, but wait! There's more! 

 

First, we moved the bee hives. Again. I was not exactly happy about it because I worked so damn hard getting the location on the other side of the creek (which is almost directly behind the hives in the above photo) all set up, leveled, and looking nice. But it was far too wet over there. And I knew it was going to be but Husband didn't want to hear it. So we put them over there. And then we had to move them. 

So, we moved the hives back to this side of the creek, back into the "main" part of the yard, and we wound up putting them on a pallet. I don't know why we didn't think of that before but here we are. We put down a couple pavers from the other side of the creek and it was almost level from the start. So, two hives fit on the one pallet. 

And on Saturday morning, Little Man and I went to get the bees.


We transported about six pounds of bees (each hive got a three pound package), which is approximately 22,000 new girlfriends, on Saturday and I got them set up in their new hives. I checked on them today and both queens are doing well and the bees are working on removing the candy plug. I'll have to go out there again and get the last frame in and remove the queen box probably on Thursday this week. They were quite busy when I checked them. They've actually already started building out comb in the boxes. They don't have to spend as much time building out comb this year because we left it from last year. So hopefully we'll actually get some honey at the end of it all. We'll see what happens. 

And now it's Monday. Little Man has a birthday party tomorrow, I'm hopefully having a dinner date with a friend, and maybe some knitting. I'd like to actually do some of that! It would be amazing! 

Oh, and before I forget, I had my pre-operation appointment this past week, as well. So far, everything looks fine and normal and looks like a go. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that I can't have any NSAIDs or anti-inflammatory medications. With my shoulder being so mad, this is not looking to be a fun time. But it'll be fine. 

And I was the designated driver for Husband and our friend on Friday night. They started out on beer but then we decided we needed food. Taco Bell was the going choice but we were convinced to go to an actual Mexican place north of here...and the margaritas were huge. 



Yeah. They both finished theirs. I didn't have one. Even if I had, I wouldn't have been able to drink all that. I swear it was like a liter of margarita. So big!


Anyway, that's enough out of me. I'm going to wander off. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment