Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 28, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Memorial Day Weekend (and a Two-fer!) (Updates #20 and #21)

Apparently because of who I am as a person, I cannot update once a week lately. I'm trying and failing miserably and I'm okay with it. To be fair, I did have surgery and I'm still recuperating from that. 

Whatever, let's goooooo!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023

Nope. Nothing new. Yet. Maybe someday?

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
16. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023

Admittedly, up until Friday, there has been no knitting. None. Nope. Nada. N.O.N.E. 

And then this past Friday came along and I spent some time working on my Returning Shawl. I finished up the first whole skein of yarn. And I started working on the leftover partial that I had (from when I made Curlew). So the plan is to continue working until I run out of that yarn and then switch to the other color to do the lace on the edge. We'll see how that goes. I fully intend to put a lifeline in before I switch colors in case I screw up or I hate how it's turning out. But that's a good 200 yds down the line. Ish. Maybe more, maybe less. 

That was it for actual knitting. I did bring along the Smile & Wave fingerless mitts but I didn't actually work on them. 

 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
6. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
7. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
8. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
9. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

The past few weeks have kind of flown by and I'm not really sure why. I don't know if it's because I'm doing the same things day after day with going to work and all that, but.....yeah. I go to work, I come home, we have dinner, wash, rinse, repeat. 

I'm officially over two weeks post-surgery. My stitches are out of my ear (well, from what I can tell). Both my nose and my ear are sore. I'm still dealing with some blockage in my nose (of course) but I'm breathing much better than I have in decades. That was kind of the point of this whole thing. 

So this first photo is from a week after surgery. I still had the bolster in my ear and the tape on my nose. I was also still having to occasionally wear the bandage underneath to catch any bloody nose issues I might have. The second photo is from this past Thursday, when I was officially two weeks out. The bandage is off, the bolster is out....yeah.




My nose did change shape a bit, which was expected. I'm not sure how much if it is an official change of shape because it still hurts so some of it might be swelling. Either way, I'm not fussed about it. It's not like I did this for aesthetics. 

Last weekend, I took the boys to my hometown for the annual Syttende Mai celebration. We had doughnuts and I bought a loaf of bread and some lefse, we went to the Norwegian Heritage Museum (Livsreise), the craft fair, we had cheese curds from the FFA stand (Little Man had a cream puff), and wandered in and out of shops in town. We had a good time, and that was the point. 

We found a couple of painted rocks around town and a couple of crocheted caterpillars.





And yes, Little Man's hair is long. We are all well-aware. He's refusing to cut it, which is fine as long as he takes care of it. He had cream puff all over his face and I couldn't resist a photo. He was less than pleased about it. He won't let me take photos otherwise so I have to sneak them. ::sigh:: Silly children. 

This weekend is Memorial Day here in the US. We have been down with some sort of ickiness, unfortunately. Husband was tested for Covid, flu, RSV, and strep. He has none of them. And now I'm coming down with it. I'm less than pleased. But it is what it is. 


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! We'll see if I can get back on a normal schedule....

1 comment: