Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Let's talk about..... (Update #22)

Happy Tuesday! Let's talk about knitting. And yarn. And yarn-related thing. And life. Because life. 

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023

Nope. Not here. Not yet. Maybe someday...

 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
16. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023

I would love to tell you that I've been doing ton of knitting. I'd be lying but I'd still love to tell you. It would be a nice change of pace, honestly. 

But, the truth is, I've not done a lot of knitting. I think I worked a wrong side row of the Returning Shawl. And it took awhile because I kept putting it down to read things online and look things up for Little Man and play some Pokemon Go. You know, those other things in life. 

So, let's pretend that I've done a lot of knitting and I'm amazing. Or we can just face the reality that is........yeah, I've done no knitting. Some years are better than others and this is one of those not-so-good years. ::sigh::

 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
6. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
7. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
8. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
9. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

Yeah. Life keeps happening and the boys are done with school this week. My youngest did his send-off today and I was a little misty about it. I took a video but I snagged a couple of stills from the video. Why is my child so big?!




He's getting so big and this mama's heart can't take it! He's going to be in 3rd grade! And Little Man is going to be in 7th grade! Whaaaaaat?!Of course, I have no recent photos of him because he's twelve (gain, WHAAAAT?!)....I'll have to try to get him to cooperate for a hot minute. I don't know that I'll get all that far but I can try, right?

In addition to the boys finishing school this week, I took Friday off because I can. Actually, I'm planning on doing the last day of school things with the boys. I also have my one month follow up appointment with the surgeon this week. I'm hoping that I'll be cleared to go back to my mostly normal activities. I should be. It's been a month. Then again, I did get a bloody nose today so.....yeah, I don't know. It'll be fine though. 

In other random events, I think we're going camping this weekend. That's the plan, anyway. We aren't going all that far away but we haven't been camping in a long time. We had to pick up a few items for camping. We decided the boys were going to get their own tent and sleep in there. We also picked up a couple of air mattresses for them. And bug spray. Lots of bug spray.

In other words, don't count on me having a post up on Sunday. 

It'll be fine, everything's fine, this is fine, all is well. Something something cake. 

Oh! And Husband had a birthday on Friday. Speaking of cake....I made cheesecake. Thankfully it's ridiculously easy. I might even post the whole recipe someday. Not right now, though. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! Maybe I'll take some good photos this week. Or not. We'll see how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment