Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - We went camping and then I forgot (Update #23)

Y'all. Just....y'all. This is who I am as a person lately. We were camping over the weekend and the next thing you know, it's Wednesday.

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023

Nope. Nothing yet. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
16. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023
17. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)

Yes, I started another project. Apparently 16 projects wasn't enough and I needed to start a 17th project.......in my defense, it came as a kit and I bought it at the very last Guild meeting a few weeks ago. 

This isn't helping my case, is it?

Especially when you also take into account that I'm not using the yarn that came in the kit for this project. I mean, I might make another one from the yarn that came with the pattern...but that's not what I'm doing right now. I'm not very far along. I've done a full pattern repeat and I'm almost finished with the second one. The problem is that I'm 99% sure there's an error in row 5. I need to finish the second pattern repeat, maybe even the third, to know for sure. I've already figured out how to "fix" the issue...if it is, indeed, an issue. So, I've got that going for me. 

In addition to starting a new project, I pulled out the Socks (#12) that I'm making for Little Man. I wish I were kidding when I say that I'm using the same yarn for both projects. Not just the same type of yarn...the same colorway. Apparently that's where I am right now. 

I think those were the only two projects I've worked on. Well, no...I may have knit a row on the Returning Shawl. I don't remember. I barely know my own name some days. Don't expect me to remember projects. 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
6. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
7. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
8. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
9. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

The boys had their last day of school on Friday. I took the day off because I could. I did breakfast with a friend of mine (and special ordered an item from her, specifically a Purse Pal but we dug through her stash of fabric and I picked out fun things - you can check out her shop here). I picked the boys up from school. And then we went camping. Because why not, obviously. 

At the "height" of our camping numbers, there were 8 of us on a group site (that was the first night). The rain came during our second night but it could have been so much worse. We did have a bit of a wet tear-down on Sunday morning but we had done a lot of the packing Saturday night so we didn't have a lot to deal with. 

This is Little Man's and Stormageddon's last day of school photo. Little Man won't let me cut his hair, which is fine as long as he takes care of it. Stormageddon might let me cut it this weekend and let it grow out again over summer. We'll see.


And of course there was fire involved. It's one of the best parts about camping.




It was rather warm on Saturday. I think at some point, we all had ice cream of some sort (drove into town for Culver's because Culver's...).




Saturday was also World Wide Knit in Public (WWKIP) Day. My friend and I intended to knit in public but we were distracted by an adorable little town (seriously, it's two blocks long and ridiculously busy)...so we didn't knit in town but we did at the campsite.

I guess that's public?

And like I said, I had planned on posting earlier but then I blinked and it was Wednesday. Oh well. Maybe I'll be on time this week. And then we all laughed and laughed....


For now, I'm going to wander off and call it good. I hope you had a good week and weekend last week. I have next Monday off for the Juneteenth holiday. Husband has Friday off instead. I don't even understand it anymore. It's fine, though. 

Woo. Off I go!

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment