Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Lucky Thirteen: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Lucky Seven (Update #7)

25 February 2024 edit: I thought I hit post on this....and it didn't post. So it's actually the following Sunday after I originally wrote the post (meaning that my 8th update should be coming following this). Sorry, my bad. But I did write it on 19 February 2024......

 

Yes, I realize that today is Monday. I have today off because it's President's Day, which is a federal holiday and I work for the federal government...so day off. Not that it's been fun, mind. I had a dentist appointment this morning. ::sigh::

 

Anyway, let's get going!

 

Finished Objects (FOs)
1.
Irma Hat: started 23 December 2023; finished 15 January 2024

Nothing new yet. Maybe someday. 

 

Works-In-Progress (WIPs - these are carried over year after year, if needed)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023
16. Rose's Wrist Warmers: started 10 February 2024

So. Um....all that progress I had made on the Wrist Warmers.....yeah, it's gone. I managed to add a stitch somewhere in the cable section and while I could see where the issue was, I could not fix it. So I wound up ripping it out entirely and starting over.  Honestly, I think what happened is that I split the yarn and wound up adding a stitch that way. Regardless, I frogged it and restarted. 

But that's about the only knitting I've done. We're still not feeling 100% in this house but getting better...so hopefully knitting will come along with it. Hopefully. I hope. Please. I'd like to knit more, k, thx, bi. 


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Musselburgh (any weight - check pattern for details)
2. Danu Fingerless Gloves (fingering weight, possibly Koigu Painters Palette)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, possibly Malabrigo Rios)
4.
Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, probably Psych Ward Yarns)
5. Dumbledore's Christmas Socks (fingering weight, in Opal Dumbledore)
6. Antler Mittens (worsted weight, probably Knit Picks Swish Worsted)
7. Flax (worsted weight, Misti Alpaca Worsted)
8. Park Slope (fingering weight, Mountain Colors)
9. Fili Socks (finger weight, Holiday Yarns Flock Sock that I dyed)
10. Classic Octopus Hat (worsted weight, two contrasting colors)

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax Light for Little Man (fingering weight, using the yarn I dyed for him)
2.
Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, Molly Ringwald?)
3. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, purple & pink of some sort)
4. Replacement toy for Sassy Girl (she's requested a cow so I'll need to see what I can find)
5. Hipster for Little Man & Stormageddon (DK weight, Anzula Cricket)
6. Regular Guy Beanie (Aran weight, Malabrigo Twist that I dyed)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalepod (any weight)
8. My Little Slug (worsted weight, any color)
9. Knitted Knockers (DK or worsted, neutral colors)
10. C*nt Dishcloth for Rachel (worsted weight, any color as long as it's cotton)
11. F*ck Dishcloth for Rachel (worstedweight , any color as long as it's cotton)
12. Santa Hat (worsted weight, red and white)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Pop Blanket (worsted weight, preferably superwash, Knit Picks Brava set?)
2. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight, bits and bobs)

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory of some sort
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual sets for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed (because I'm allergic to silk and I'm super mad about it but it is what it is...but that means the silk has to go and I'm still super mad about it......)

 

 

Like I said, we're not feeling 100% in the house yet. Stormageddon is fine. Little Man still has the occasional cough but he's otherwise fine. Up until yesterday, Husband was still pretty rough but he seems to be doing significantly better today. And then there's me...so much random coughing. I feel okay for the most part except I'm not sleeping well because of the coughing. ::sigh:: 

Given that Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras was this week, I made beignets (not from scratch). 

 

I bought a box of mix that is from the famed Cafe Du Monde, which is in New Orleans. For a mix, it does work out pretty well. I've made beignets from scratch and it's not terribly difficult but the mix is just that much easier. 

Aside from that, I had my ultrasound this week. No, I'm not pregnant. I've been having some weird pains that sometimes last for hours, other times will go away in a few minutes. Right side, super annoying. Well, there are only a couple things it could be and after having a doctor appointment the week before, we were both thinking it was probably my gallbladder. So on Thursday, I had the ultrasound in the late morning. The ultrasound tech told me that the radiologist would read it and then my doctor would probably get back to me in a day or three. Y'all, she called me at 4:45pm that day to let me know the results. And, as we suspected, my gall bladder is being a jerk and will be scheduled for forcible eviction. I meet with the surgeon in about a week and a half to discuss eviction. Apparently one of the stones I have is stuck in the bile duct but not totally blocking it. But it is stuck and that's not good. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a good week and weekend. I'll be back next week :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment