I'm going to warn you, I'm writing this post a few days in advance so a few things might wind up wonky and, you know, sorry...
I have a friend here from Wisconsin this weekend, mostly on business. He flew in on Thursday, drove to Sacramento for his job duties, came here on Friday, and he's here until Tuesday when he has to fly back to Wisconsin. So.....yeah, that's why I'm writing this up early (and it'll post at it's usual time).
Anyway, happy Sunday :)
I'm starting my second month...or something like that. It's my fifth update so let's get going, shall we?!
Finished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
I finished the baby sweater on Wednesday...meaning I had bound off, wove in all the ends, and seamed the arms/armpits. Currently, it's sitting on the bathroom counter, drying/blocking. I imagine that will be done in a couple days. For all the details, you can visit Friday's post.
1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
4. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013
5. Milo: started December 25, 2013
When I wasn't working on the Five Hour Baby Sweater, I was busy avoiding the seaming on my Baby Surprise Jacket. I still haven't done the seams yet. ::sigh:: I also worked a little bit on my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts but that was honestly it.
My remaining lists look like this:
1. Mini Socks
2. Swirl Hat
4. Hoo Hat
5. Otis Baby Hat
8. Sea Turtle (need to purchase - $2)
10. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
12. Smaug Hat
13. Surprise (need to purchase - $4)
14. Simple Newborn Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
4. November Leaves (need to purchase - $5)
5. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
6. Weeping Angel Socks
8. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...)
Sweater for Me
1. Ginny's Cardigan
2. I Heart Cardigans (need to purchase - $6CAN)
3. Moyen Age (need to purchase - $7)
4. Julissa (need to purchase - $6.50)
Shawl for Me
1. Pacific Shawl (need to purchase - $6)
2. See You in September
3. Boneyard Shawl
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
Of course I'm thinking of my next project...and I haven't decided what that will be yet. But, to better aid the decision, I pulled out some more yarn that was ready to be used for a project. I also pulled out a bunch of partial balls of yarn. I'm thinking that the remnant yarn will probably be used for things like baby hats but I have yarn from some larger projects that are on my list. We'll see what happens. I have a feeling that the next few projects I'll work on are for small children. I might be wrong, though. I don't know...I haven't decided!
Guess that means you'll have to come back and check :)
In other random life events, I've been summoned for jury duty. ::sigh:: I don't even want to talk about it but let's just say that I'm not happy.
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!