Happy Sunday :)
I feel like I'm on repeat when I say that I'm still sick. Unfortunately, I'm still sick. This cough just will not go away. Admittedly, it is getting better...too slowly for my liking, however. Perhaps it's a combination of smog (which is common here in the San Francisco Bay Area), wonky weather (one day it's dry and hot, the next day it will be humid but cooler...), being pregnant, and these weird west coast germs. Who knows.
But, it's Sunday and we're here for my Year of Projects update :)
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
Well, hey there, lookit that! I have TWO FOs for this past week. I included the mittens in this past Friday's FO Friday post, along with the Oreo Socks. The mittens were just a smaller version of the ones I made for myself, out of the remaining ball of yarn. They fit Little Man for now and he's quite happy with them.
The other FO that I finished early yesterday morning was the first of six Sacrificial Goats. Admittedly, all I had to do on that goat for the last two weeks was putting it together and stuffing it. I just didn't want to do it when I was really sick. But Friday night, I pulled it out, looked at it, and thought, "Why not?" It took me about an hour to put together, stuff, and seam all the little pieces. I'll have a proper FO Friday post this week :)
That means my WIP List looks like this:
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Baby Stormageddon
3. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
4. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014
5. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014
Admittedly, the only things I've "worked" on this past week were the mittens, the goat, and the Swirl Hat. I've got maybe another inch or so before I start the crown decreases on the Swirl Hat. I'm still tossed whether it should be for a boy or a girl. It's using the same yarn as my Oreo Socks...I have a feeling that it'll be too girly for Stormageddon (not that I care much).
Stormageddon is still hanging out, punching me when he feels I'm not sitting properly. I had my 34 week OB appointment on Friday. I'm measuring perfectly, his heart rate is fine (130s and steady), and I haven't gained a ton of weight. Honestly, I've only gained 13 lbs for this entire pregnancy. I'm kind of surprised. When I was pregnant with Little Man, I lost about 15 lbs right away, gained it all back, then gained another 35 lbs...which isn't that bad either. It's just so strange this time around. I was getting around much better at this point in Little Man's pregnancy though, even with all the weight gain. This time...I'm just exhausted. Little Man and I went to Target on Friday afternoon to pick up things for the house (dog food, garbage bags, medications for sickie me, and some baby clothes). We were there for a little over an hour. By the time we left, I was exhausted, hot, sweaty, and ready for a nap. It was awful. Other days, I'm okay...sometimes, it depends on the time of day...it's just a wonky pregnancy.
Anyway, my remaining lists look like this:
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
We'll see how things go.
Little Man cannot stop talking about Halloween. Yes, I know it's only August. Yes, he's had his costume picked out for a few weeks. No, he has no concept of time. He keeps thinking Halloween is tomorrow instead of 11 weeks away. ::sigh:: Yes, it's going to be a long 11 weeks...
Little Man is going to be Iron Man. Stormageddon gets to be Hulk (?). Puppy can be Thor. And Daddy is going to be Spiderman. This is what he tells us.
I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday :)