Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

WIP Wednesday: I even took photos!

Happy Hallowe'en and happy Wednesday!

Today's already been a busy day and it's not even noon at my house yet! Little Man's school does both a universal timeline and a historical timeline. The younger kids (preschool, kinder, 1st, and some of the 2nd graders) do the universal timeline. They can dress up as things from nature like animals, plants, or in the case of a preschool classmate of Little Man's a couple years ago, a volcano. The 2nd-6th graders  do the historical timeline, where they pick an important person in history and they write a little biography and dress up as that person. Little Man was Abraham Lincoln. Originally, he was thinking Michael Jackson but I thought Lincoln was probably a better choice.

So, that's taken up most of the morning.

But now it's almost noon and it's time for an actual WIP Wednesday, the kind where I took photos and everything!

Really, I've only been working on two projects, even though I have scores of others: the Sockhead hat and the Campfire Socks.



My Sockhead continues to grow. It's definitely a slouch on Stormageddon and a little slouchy on Little Man so it's not quite ready for me yet. I should probably measure the actual length one of these days. I have ho idea how long it is. I think I'm supposed to start the decreases at 9" but I can't remember. I've not bothered to look (oops).

I'm using US #2.5 (3 mm) circular needles (two sets), I think. I'm pretty sure they're Addi Sock Rockets. They're Addis, at minimum. The yarn was a sock blank that I dyed and it definitely looks like clown barf, which I'm perfectly fine with. I'm not sure where I got the bag. I think I bought it locally when we lived in Wisconsin but I honestly don't remember. I've had it awhile, though.



My Campfire Socks are taking longer than I want them to but I'm also working on DPNs, which I don't do often for socks (okay, really, I need to just be upfront about it: I don't use DPNs on socks; I use two circulars). They're a bit more cumbersome. But, I will say that when I do work on them, they grow quickly because the yarn is a DK weight and on larger needles than I use for socks. So, I might have them done in a year or so :)

I'm using my Signature DPNs (US #4/3.5 mm). The yarn is a handdyed superwash merino in a DK weight from Kangaroo Dyer. I think I bought it at Stitches West or Lambtown within the last couple of years but I honestly don't remember. The project bag is from Slipped Stitch Studios. You might also see my little green locking stitch marker. I basically marked the first round so I can make sure I use the same number of pattern repeats on the second sock. I'm debating about whether I want to add a contrast heel/toe to these, just to ensure I don't run out of yarn. I have a blood orange from the same dyer and I might have enough leftover in a goldenrod. I'll have to look. Or maybe just contrast toes. I don't know. I'll see when I get further along.



Don't get me wrong. I have other WIPs. These two are the ones I've been working on the most in recent weeks, if only because they're fairly portable and don't require a ton of thought. I do have to pay attention to which round I'm working with the socks because it changes but it's pretty easy to read the knitting, at least.



Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely Wednesday! I'm off to get Little Man from school, candy awaits us tonight, and woo Hallowe'en :)

3 comments:

  1. Your slouchy hat and socks are looking great so far- I love the colourway you chose for the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... that yarn you're knitting the Sockhead Slouch in is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete