Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - TWO WEEKS IN A ROW?! (Update #25)

Happy Sunday! We're here for my weekly Self-Imposed Year of Projects update so let's get moving :) 


FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020
5. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020; finished 25 May 2020
6. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020; finished 13 June 2020
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018; finished 18 June 2020

Oh hai, I finished up another project! My Abracadabra Socks were very near finished last week and I thought, "hey, Renee, why don't you make these your first FO for your Summer Stash Down?" And so this became the way. These are my first FO for my Summer Stash Down. I haven't figured out yardage yet but it was less than 400 yds. They're currently still drying so once they're done, I'll give the leftover balls a weigh-in as well as each sock, to estimate my yardage (it won't be perfect as the contrast color was a light fingering). It'll be close enough for me.

If you want to read about them, and several of my other FOs over the last *mumblemumble*18 months*mumblemumble* you can do so right here. I finally managed to get up a FO Friday post. Go me!



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
10. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
11. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
12. Rose City Rollers: started 18 June 2020

In my true fashion, I started another project this week after I had finished the Abracadabra Socks. I've been pondering ankle-type socks for awhile and I've seen plenty of Rose City Rollers so I pulled out a partial skein of sock yarn (leftover from my Smooth Operator Socks, which I finished just over two years ago) and we'll see how it goes. My only fear is that I'll run out of yarn but given that I have about 290 yds to begin with, I'm hoping that I'll have plenty. I'll have to weigh the first sock after I finish. 

Also, I didn't have a pair of socks going and that's just so very wrong. 

In addition to starting the new socks, I also worked on the Linen Stitch Scarf. It's maybe 5" long right now and I feel like I haven't really made a dent in the yarn. If I'm lucky it'll be long enough to make an infinity cowl . We'll see. 

And because I'm working on my Summer Stash Down, I pulled out my Prototype Something Something Raindrops cowl. I've not worked on this in awhile and while I didn't get a lot done (maybe 5 rounds), it was good to work on it again. The yarn is wonderful, even if it does occasionally get caught on my rough hands (I have really dry hands generally speaking, and they do get better over the summer but they're still a bit rough right now). It's very pink. I'm using a skein of yarn that I've had for quite awhile. I bought it when Little Man was small from a yarn store in Fredrick, Maryland (it's no longer there - it was owned by the people of Shalimar Yarns, hence why I bought that skein of yarn) and it was the contrast color on a Hippo that I finished almost eight years ago. So, this yarn has been banging around my stash for awhile and it's time to use it. I might even wear the FO. I'll have to see about the size when I finish. But I worked on that, which was good. 

Next week starts the Tour de Fleece so you'll probably see a bit more spinning from me for a week or two. I have plenty of things to spin, as well as knit. I should probably finish up what's been hanging out on my wheels - mainly the merino top on Viktor (my Majacraft Pioneer) and the crazy batt on my EEWMini. I might try out the support spindle, as well. We'll see how things go.

I also picked up some undyed sock yarn in a destash on Facebook and I've been wanting to dye some things again. So, I may get into that later this summer. 

After that, the sky is the limit! 

And then she laughed and laughed....




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
4. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
5. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



This was the last little partial week of school for the school year. The boys had meetings and no work was really done, and that was all that can be said. 

Little Man slept in on Thursday morning. 





Puppy was also not feeling overly energetic this week. He spent a few days hanging out with me while the boys played.



Stormageddon made his teacher a page for her retirement book. I found something online where I could change what the words said so he traced the letters and colored the photo. 




My boys were agreeable to taking a photo on their last day of school on Wednesday. Little Man didn't want to put shoes on and Stormageddon grabbed his Phineas & Ferb shoes. Whatever, it worked.




In addition to that, Stormageddon also discovered what his back pockets were for. In his case, toy cars. 

I mean, I can't argue...





So, this has been our life. The pool is set up again as it's supposed to be warm this week. Some cleaning has been done. We're just.....I don't want to say that we're living the dream because no, that's just not right....but we're doing what we need to do and that's all we can do. 

I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend. Apparently it's Father's Day here in the US, not that we can go do anything spectacular. Oh well. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m taking part in Tour de Fleece again this year and also will be digging out some fibre to spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear there is another rider for the Tour de Fleece. Love the pics (as always) and your sense of humour always lifts me up.

    ReplyDelete