Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' (Update #28)

Hello! Happy Sunday! I think it's Sunday....my days are all a hot mess again. I swear, if my phone didn't tell me what day it was, I would never know for sure. Anyway, let's get going!



FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021

My Tour de Fleece spinning has slowed significantly. I was so frustrated with the plying on the last spin that I just kind of...stopped. I haven't even figured out the yardage on it yet. It wound up being plied onto four bobbins because it broke so many times while plying. I was less than pleased with myself. 

The smallest bobbin at the top has so many breaks in it that I stopped counting. I mean, I'm the one that will knit with it but still, so annoyed with myself!


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021

The only other thing I worked on this past week was the Rose City Rollers. I'm still not finished with the first one but I'll get there eventually. I was busy doing other things, for the most part. Oh well.



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
Here in California, we're in the midst of a heatwave. ::sigh:: But, we have air conditioning so it's not that terrible. I took the boys to the park twice this week (two days in a row) and I had hoped that it would help calm them down a bit but........yeah, that didn't work.
 
Little Man has two friends that had birthdays yesterday so he made them both 3D printed Creepers (well, Husband did).  They're pretty good sized, too. The other one is crystaline so it's sort of transparent. I was quite impressed with it.


I took the boys to one of the bigger parks in town. They have a baseball field with grandstand (it's where they put the ice rink in the winter), there are plenty of walking paths, the tennis courts, underground parking, and Japanese Tea Gardens. We had never been into the garden so we did that briefly. 

The koi are HUGE. They also have turtles in the pond. The one below was just stretching out on a rock, pulling his head in and out and stretching his legs. I kind of wanted to scoop him up and take him home but that would be a bad idea.



Husband took this week off. I'm hoping that I can convince him to go through his clothes and get rid of things that don't fit or are worn out. Little Man and I went through his books and we have a pile to put into the Free Little Libraries around town. I need to go through Stormageddon's and do the same. I also went through mine and we'll see what happens with that.

Our roommate ordered Little Man a nametag for his hand-me-down chef jackets. I need to do some mending on one of them but he seems pretty happy about it. He likes the idea of cooking....but doesn't seem to want to actually do it. We will have to change that.



 

I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend. Maybe I'll have something more interesting next week. Or not.

3 comments:

  1. OHHHH, the tea garden pond! I love it! That's something I miss about living in a major city: the proximity to beautiful public gardens!

    Hope the heat abates some, thank heavens for air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the koi and turtle picture. Frustrating to have so many breaks while plying - I feel your pain - but it does look lovely and a good amount with all those plied bobbins. Any plans on what to make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo on heat. You've been spinning up a storm.

    ReplyDelete