Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, April 16, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects: Still sick...slowly getting better (Update #16)

Happy Sunday! Yes, we're still sick but we're dealing as best as we can. But we can talk about all that in a moment or two...


FOs (Finished Objects)

Nope. Keep dreaming...


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021
13. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
14. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
15. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022

I think I finished up a granny square and that was it. With us having been sick, I've been having to save my spoons for the necessities, like cooking food, and laundry. And, let's be honest, I can clean and dry all the laundry in one day but the energy it takes to actually get it sorted and put away is another beast. So that's what actually takes the spoons. 

But we're not talking about that. We're talking about what I worked on. And I worked on a granny square and that was seriously about it. 


OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)*
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Bonbon for Miss C (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Vinci if possible)
8. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
9. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course...maybe a good use for the one skein of Molly Ringwald I have?)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else, but maybe?)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

This week has been kind of a bust all around. I kept the boys home from school when they started showing symptoms and getting progressively worse, though both their rapid and PCR tests were negative. It's likely that they tested too early for the test to pick it up. Regardless, they've been sick all week. I expect they'll be okay to go to school tomorrow with proper precautions like medications and masks. They're getting better; it's just a slow process. It helps when they're agreeable to medications that help mitigate symptoms but sometimes, they just want to be miserable cows. And yes, that's a direct quote. I asked Little Man on Friday if he wanted to take medication to make him feel better or if he wanted to be a miserable cow. He said, "Miserable Cow." So, he was a miserable cow until bed, when I made him take medication, for which he thanked me yesterday morning.

Husband made an inquiry about the Covid anti-viral medications and lo, he qualified, so he's been on those for a few days (today might be his last day). I did not qualify, but that's okay. He's feeling significantly better but, of course, is still feeling like crap. Like i said, it's a slow process. 

And then there's me.....I'm still coughing and congested but the congestion has moved down to my chest. So, I kind of feel like there's a buffalo sitting there but my face no longer feels like it was hit with a brick. So, I've got that going for me, which is nice...

Due to illness and quarantine, we haven't done a whole lot this week. I managed to make some banana bread one day this week. But really, the minimal things take more spoons than normal so I'm trying to focus on that and everything else is just kind of falling by the wayside. ::sigh:: Even things that aren't difficult, per se, are requiring breaks in the middle or between. Sorting and putting laundry away is taking at least twice as long because I need breaks that I normally don't need. This Covid crap is no joke.


 

We've had a few deliveries for things like medication and groceries. One of them needed an ID (medication) and I had to tell her that she was going to want to wash up and sanitize and all that as soon as possible because I was Covid-positive. She was like, "oh crap"......I mean, the oodles of DayQuil/NyQuil and cough medicine didn't give away that we were sick?! ::sigh:: Some people's children...

In other random events, we had actual deer in our yard the other morning. Four of them. And they went wandering up our hill after a little bit.


Unfortunately, or fortunately if you're stuck inside like we are, the weather has been cold for most of this week. We even had snow flurries again. ::sigh:: I'm kind of over the cold weather. Like I'm definitely ready for spring. Maybe not the allergies that come along with it but the warmer weather and the ability to be outside doing things....not that I can do much with how sick I've been but, you know, small steps and wishes. Or something. 

Admittedly, we are very low-key this week because of Covid. But, maybe we will be feeling a bit better this week and can actually *do* things. I'm supposed to go up north on Friday for my great-aunt's funeral service but that's all been a bit up in the air. One of my cousins has been ill and unable to fly from California and as it's his mother's funeral, they're not going to do it without him there. They did his niece's wedding because that's not something that can be rescheduled on a whim but the funeral service can be as it's just graveside. Regardless, if I'm sick, I'm not going, as much as I would like to see my extended family on my grandmother's side. I can't risk any of them getting sick! But that's like....a week off. 

So, for now, I'm going to call it. I hope you had a better week and weekend than we did!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a time the four of your have had. I hope this week gets better, and that the weather gets better with it. Lovely to see the deer in your yard thought. Thank you for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I was zapped of energy for quite a few weeks, it’s a month since I finally stopped testing positive and my energy levels are back to normal but I still have a cough. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have really had a tough time with this bout of covid. I would have thought this time would have been easier. Take care. Hope you get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've had a rough week. Hope you and your family start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, thank goodness you have your own space out there in your new home to recover at a pace as you please. I'm sorry the journey is a snail pace one.

    ReplyDelete