Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, June 16, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - School's Out For Summer! (Update #24)

** Note: we had an internet outage that lasted from Monday until Thursday morning...so while this was written on Monday, it didn't post til Thursday. Sorry. 

 

Happy Monday! This weekend was a bit busier than I anticipated and, as a result, I'm posting on a Monday. Again. It's not like this is the first time I've done this ๐Ÿ˜‚ Let's get going!


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022

I still haven't woven in the ends or washed it or anything. I think I'm going to do that when I finish the other one. Or not. Perhaps I'm just being lazy for now. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021
13. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
14. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
15. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
16. Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022

This past week just kind of flew by when I wasn't looking and, as a result, I didn't actually do a lot of knitting. I think I mustered a whole pattern repeat on the baby blanket and that was it. Maybe slightly more than that. Just 30 more pattern repeats to go! 

I think I looked at a Vanilla Sock but that was it. ::sigh:: Maybe this week? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)*
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hรผj Tรผb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Bonbon for Miss C (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Vinci if possible)
8. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
9. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course...maybe a good use for the one skein of Molly Ringwald I have?)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else, but maybe?)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed



Y'all. Y'ALL. It's been a crazy-making week here. The boys had their last week of school so there were things like last-minute field trips (that wound up being cancelled due to weather), assemblies, in-class activities.....

Let's just say I spent a lot of time at Stormageddon's school on Friday morning for the all-school assembly and then his classroom's send-off "party," which really isn't the right term for it but it was super cute. 

Here were the boys before they left for the bus on Friday morning and then Stormageddon's send-off outside his school later that morning.



 

Little Man's grade was supposed to go to Governor Dodge State Park on Wednesday but that didn't happen because it was rainy and icky. They wound up doing other things instead, though trying to get that information out of him was far worse than pulling teeth. I have no idea what they really did aside from watch a movie. Oh well. 

In addition to that, our weekend wound up being busy. We went to the pool with friends yesterday, which was a bit chilly. It was like 68ยบF and overcast/foggy....but we still had fun. Then I wound up doing some unexpected yard work...and fixing our weed-whacker. Again. Twice. There's a design flaw so anything you're cutting gets stuck under the blade/cord, causing it to stop spinning because it's clogged. And so I have to take the entire thing apart to clear it out with scissors and whatever else I can jam in there, trying to get the weeds out, put it back together, and then try to work some more. We do have a heavy-duty, gas-powered one but it's a pain in the ass to start, heavy, and difficult to work with...but it does work. Husband wanted me to clear out around the water drainage culverts along the edge of the road, which was fine when I was using the heavy-duty weed-whacker. I did come across a curious.....I think raccoon.....coming out of the one that goes under our driveway. He saw what I was doing and went right back in. No harm, no foul. So, those were cleared out. Later today, I may go out and use the branch cutters to cut down ones on top of the berm by the garden. Depends on how hot it gets...

So, we live in the middle of nowhere. We have septic. Unsurprising. When the house was built, they did what is called a Percolator Test, which is a test for how well the liquid drains in the soil and how long it takes to drain to "clean" water. Because our house was built in a marshy area, the perc test was not good. So they had to basically build a hill on the property where they could pump the septic liquids to percolate through the soil and get cleaned before going back into the groundwater system. So, all this is to say that when I talk about the berm, I'm talking about the hill that was built with pipes to pump the water from the septic to be cleaned by the soil. That's the berm. 

Bee Update ๐Ÿ

I went out to check on my girls on Thursday before I started work in the garden. I've been contemplating adding the next set of boxes on the hives and I decided it was time. Unfortunately, I did get stung on my right leg. They were not happy with me because I was futzing with their frames more than usual, trying to decide if it was time...so they were extra grumpy and one got me. But, here's what the hives look like after getting the second set of boxes on top.


There's still an interesting thing happening in one of my hives. It's been going on for a few weeks and I'm not sure what's causing it other than extra room for some reason. Basically, the comb on one of the frames in the hive on the left is doubled over. I think it's because there was some extra room on the frame and they had it. I'm not going to mess with it right now. Perhaps if I were a few years down the line, I'd consider it...but for right now, being a total novice, I don't feel comfortable with it. 

With that, not much else happened. The boys are off all next week and we'll likely go up to the cabin again so my post will probably be late (Monday). I hope you had a lovely week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment