Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 21, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Wake me up when September ends (Update #32 and #33)

I'm very aware that I missed last week. I had the post started last weekend on Saturday. And then days happened. And then more days happened. And now it's a week later and here we are. So, two updates in one. Go with it :)

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023
5.
Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023; finished 11 February 2023

Yes, I know these are out of order. There's a reason and I can even explain it. The "client" who requested the Kitty at Christmas hat was one of our visitors from California. Originally, she had requested little snowflake earrings. I just didn't get around to it. And then they were here and she basically slammed the hat on her head and did not take it off, declaring it perfect. So, no earrings. And also finished. So, I just added it to the FO list, with the date I finished the actual knitting, knowing that originally there was meant to be more. 

Just accept it. It's done. I should have snagged a photo of her wearing it but here we are. 


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023
16. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
17. Baby Blanket: started 30 June 2023

I did some knitting here and there. Not a lot. I really need to remedy that. I worked mostly on the baby blanket and the fingerless mitts. I think I thought about another project or two but these were the only ones that made it out of their bags. 

I really do need to knit more. I know. 


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
6. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
7. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

So....how have the past few weeks gone? Good question. Our guests have left. They left on the 9th. The house has been pretty quiet since then. 

Stormageddon is excited about his upcoming 9th birthday. He made himself a countdown calendar to help him remember. I don't know that he necessarily needs a reminder calendar but if it makes him happy, I'm not fussed about it.



We also had my bestie over for barbecue last weekend. I don't see her enough. She works three different jobs and still has her youngest kiddo (my goddaughter) at home. So, we snagged her for a few hours last weekend, which was good. 

Here is some of the more recent encounters with the wildlife around our house. The deer were in the weeds and I thought I'd roll down my window but mama gave me the stinkeye and scampered off with her baby. But they were still in the road. 



We have a woodchuck/groundhog living in our rock wall around the house. This was taken from inside my craft room. He was just chowing on some grass but I did scare him and for that, I felt powerful. We've been trying to trap him but he's not having it. ::sigh::




The other day, we drove around the property and I got to see the goats up close, for once. They thought we had food, of course, so they all came toward us. They're so cute. I think our neighbor may make this a yearly thing. Or buy them. Whichever.




The same day we visited the goats, I found an wee frog. I tried to catch it (and did actually catch it) but it wouldn't hold still so Little Man caught it and I got the photo.




Oh, and because we're a bunch of Halloween-loving weirdos in our house we put up some more of our decorations. Specifically, our inflatables and we moved the Weeping Angel and our Headless Horseman. The Horseman needs some work yet but we got it out of the weeds where we stored it for winter/spring.



Just for some reference, the Weeping Angel in front of Oogie Boogie is taller than I am....so Oogie Boogie is like 14' tall. We've had some people shake their heads at us but, really, if we didn't have other goofy holiday decor to put out, we'd probably leave the Halloween stuff out all year. Maybe.

I was all set to post this yesterday (Sunday).....and then I got sick out of nowhere. Freezing cold, two blankets, bed warmer on full blast, and a 104ºF temperature. Not a fun time. Turns out I have Covid. Again. 

::sigh::

 

On the plus side, maybe I'll get some knitting done this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment