Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, September 4, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects: I have reasons. I didn't say they were *good* reasons...but reasons (Update #34 & #35)

I used to be good at this. Like clockwork. Better than clockwork, even. But here we are. Another two weeks have passed instead of what should have been one. 

It's fine, though. Everything's fine. This is fine, that is fine, fine fine fine. Right? Good.

 

Now, let's see how things stand:

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023
5.
Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023; finished 11 February 2023

Um. Yeah. I don't even want to talk about this right now. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
9. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
10. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
11. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
12. Socks: started 28 September 2022
13. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
14. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
15. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023
16. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
17. Baby Blanket: started 30 June 2023

I'm not even sure I want to talk about this, if we're being honest. Over the past couple weeks, I've worked on one project and one project only...and it's not done. I've been working on the baby blanket. I'm maybe halfway right now. I did start the second skein of the main color, which is always a nice indicator of progress. I've also broken both of my stitch markers (I was able to repair one enough that I can use it) and I've had to pick up dropped stitches here and there, which isn't a big deal as long as I find them in fairly short order. 

Between having Covid and the recovery from said Covid, I've not had much of the brainspace for knitting. I'm hoping that with Knitters Guild starting up next week I might be able to get myself into a better order. Or not. It's fine. But it does tend to force me to ponder my project(s) and that's always a good time. 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
6. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
7. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

I already mentioned recovering from Covid. I've been testing negative for over a week, which is great, but the exhaustion is still something I'm dealing with. It's getting better, albeit a bit slower than I'd like. I wound up taking a full week off, per our protocol, though I could have possibly worked from home if I'd had a voice (I did not have that for most of the week)...but I had a hard time making it through the day without a nap so that likely wouldn't have worked either. 

I was starting to feel a bit more human by Friday and decided I was going to put the bee excluders on the hive boxes. 

Y'all, that did not go well. My girls were pissed off. It was hot, I didn't have enough smoke, and I was futzing with their home. They attacked and it was not a good time. I yelled for Husband to come out with the leaf blower and blow them off so I could get into the garage, at minimum....but they went after him, as well. He wound up getting a couple dozen stings, mostly on his head and upper body. He ran off before he could help me. Meanwhile, I was getting stung through my bee costume. Thankfully my head was okay at that time. I finished up what I needed to do, regardless of being stung, and hopped in our side-by-side and darted off, trying to shake off the bees. That was fine until I got back and they found me. I wound up ripping off my bee costume and had a good dozen of my girls that decided to attack and get stuck in my hair. I ran inside and jumped into the downstairs shower, fully clothed, shoes and all. At the end of it all, I had at least a dozen stings on my head/neck in addition to the ones through the bee suit. I'm not entirely sure how many I wound up getting. 

The good news is that I didn't need the epipen. The bad news is that my face did swell up in a few places and I'm still dealing with that, even though it's been over a week. 

Husband and I also celebrated out 14th anniversary last week..and the boys had back-to-school night...and then Stormageddon started school on Friday.....and then Stormageddon turned 9 years old on Saturday and.....

Yeah, things all seem to happen at once this time of year. It's fine. 

Stormageddon spent the last few days of his summer building Lego sets. He built the pirate ship almost entirely by himself. 


Then he built up the new Minecraft set he got for his birthday (photo below) and he also built his Porg (which he did get stuck on a couple of times but that's a difficult set and he accompished it over two days).

 
 
And then school started this week! He went off to 3rd grade this past Friday. Little Man starts tomorrow with 7th grade.


I will say that I'm glad he'll still snuggle with me for a hot minute and allow me to take photos..


But I do love moments like these. Last night he was just exhausted and kept telling us his brain hurt. He crawled up in my lap and prompty fell asleep. I have to get my snuggles while the getting is good...



He then proceeded to steal my spot in the bed and I wound up sleeping downstairs. No, I'm not kidding. He slept in my bed last night and I slept downstairs. It's fine. We all got some sleep and it's not like it happens a lot. 

Little Man has also been working on some Lego sets and we have gone Pokemon hunting a few times over the past couple weeks. He'll even let me sneak in a photo now and then.



It's like looking into a tiny little time machine. He looks so much like me and he's got the same hair type and smirk and temperament....I think I'll keep him. I can't believe he's going into 7th grade tomorrow! My one big saving grace is that his locker is next to one of his best friends, and I think that will help him immensely. 

Anyway, I'm going to wander off. My craft room looks like a bomb went off so I'm going to try to do some work down there on my day off and I'd like to try to get my life in order, if only for five seconds. I hope you've had a lovely couple of weeks. I'm going to try to get myself together but we'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. I think both of your boys look like you. Stormagedon looks so much like little man in the photo of him with his minecraft legis. At first I thought it was a throw back photo of little man. Bee stings!!! How scary to be attacked like that. You really pissed them off royally. Your covid really hung on this time. But glad you are on the mend. Did you get plaxovid for it or just wing it?

    ReplyDelete