Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 12, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Life happens, it just does (Updates #43, #44, and #45)

I am very aware that the current date is mid-November. I am also aware that the last date I posted was on October 22nd. Let's just say that life got in the way, as it often seems to do and leave it at that. We can talk about life later. For now, we're on fibery endeavors. 

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023
5.
Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023; finished 11 February 2023
6.
Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023; frogged 5 September 2023
7.
Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022; finished 11 September 2023
8.
Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021; frogged 7 October 2023
9.
Baby Blanket: started 30 June 2023; finished 8 October 2023
10. Rupee Bag for Little Man: started at some point; finished 30 October 2023

I finished one thing and never did make a project page for it. Little Man requested a bag for his Halloween costume because he was going as Link (Legend of Zelda). Link carries this brown bag to hold all his tchotchkes, mostly rupees (money)...so he needed one. It took me a few days but I finished it up the day before Halloween and threaded a leather string through the holes to tie it and help affix it to his belt. I should probably take a photo of that. I'll get there. He got his hands on it and I haven't seen it since that point.

Moving on......

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023

I have the last baby blanket I finished sitting in a box, waiting to be shipped. I should have done it Friday, when I had the day off and the Post Office was open (as they closed for the actual Veterans Day holiday yesterday). So, I'll get there.....but in the meantime, I started another one, again for a coworker of Husband's. This one is going to be a full stripey version using purple, white, and pink. Although I started it a few weeks ago, I haven't worked on it a ton...but I did start it and I worked through the first eight rows.

In addition to that, I also worked on the Vanilla Socks here and there. I worked a few rounds in the car on the way to dinner last night. I'm still pondering how long I want to make these. My general pattern is 25 rounds of cuff, 75 rounds of leg, 32 rows of heel flap, some amount of foot (I usually start trying it on after 50 rounds), and then the toe.....but every once in awhile I do shorter socks so I'm debating on whether I want to make normal socks or shorter ones or legit shorties. I think I want to make full socks but I'm still in the planning stages, even though I've already started the pattern. I'm very fancy that way. 

Aside from that, I haven't worked on all that much, honestly. We have been preoccupied with other things around here and that's fine. Though, I really do want to get back to the knitting more often thing. 


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
6. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
7. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.

Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

Life has been progressing around here. All the trees are looking bare and we are waiting for snow at this point. I'm not crazy about the snow portion but it is what it is and here we are. We did get snow one day maybe a week and a half ago (Halloween, if I remember correctly) but it didn't stick for very long and it wasn't all that much. Also, it was that super fluffy stuff so it just kind of blew away if you looked at it. Today, there's frost on the grass and trees in the yard but I suspect the creek is still flowing easily. We're still a good chunk above freezing at night so that's not too surprising. 

On the construction front. we have what looks like an outdoor pool at this point. The concrete was poured around the pool earlier this week, which means the lumber and such for the actual structure should be coming this week and the building itself can be started. The following photo is of the equipment needed to get the cement down to the pool area. They managed to crack a section of our driveway so we'll have to get that repaired before winter (because it will damage our snowplow otherwise). But this thing was huge. It actually went up and over the house to get the cement to the pool area, which is directly behind the garage (and down a full story). Husband showed me the YouTube video yesterday.



Little Man had his 13th birthday a couple of days ago. We had some of his friends come over last night for a small gathering involving brownies, popcorn (probably), pizza, and at least one movie. They were nuts so we sent them outside until it started getting dark. We had enough Nerf guns for that, which helped.

Also, speaking of Little Man, he got braces about a week ago. He doesn't love them, they hurt, eating sucks...but at least it's only 18 months. I had mine for 5 years.
 



The other major event from the past few weeks involved a lot of waiting.....



But the turnout was pretty good. Two hives with two honey boxes each yielded approximately 9 gallons of honey.




We have four dozen pint jars and an additional nine quarts. And then a little bit that I scraped out of the last bucket. We also have a bucket that is full of beeswax and honey that we will need to strain, heat, separate, and then we'll have more honey and a bunch of beeswax. I have no idea what I'm going to do with that yet but that's a matter for a different day. 

We are just living the Wisconsin countryish life, apparently. I hear that it's bow season for the deer hunters and that actual gun hunting season starts next weekend. I could go for some vennison. Once in awhile my dad would go hunting and we'd wind up with some vennison (because it was too much for him, my evil step-witch, and my little brother). And then I didn't have it for a long time until i met Husband. His best friend is a hunter and they also raised elk so I've had elk and deer vennison because of him. I should find out if he's going hunting next weekend/week at all. I assume he is but I'll have to check. 

Anyway, I hope you've had a good couple of weeks. We'll see how I am about getting back around to my weekly posting. Don't count on it but who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment